Help support your MeetupChip in
This group has was created to bring people together who love to sing in both Japanese and English to do karaoke around New York City. We welcome people in the industry as well as amateurs to meet up and use their voices, but ask that all of our members be at least eighteen years old.
Occasionally, we go to other music and cultural events, such as festivals, street fairs, or concerts. Some of our favorite places to sing include the DUET and Japas chains. All of our members are encouraged to propose their own karaoke- or music-related events.
Since our members either speak both Japanese and English or are learning, our meetups will be bilingual unless otherwise posted. We use our meetups as a means of language exchange. Anyone who joins to sing only in English will be removed, as this does not align with the purpose of the group.
1) This is a Japanese-English karaoke group, which means you are encouraged to sing in Japanese. Please do not join if you only want to sing English songs.
2) Please RSVP to the events you attend or make sure it is okay with the organizer first before coming. This is because reservations are being made with the karaoke boxes. Please do not cancel on the day of the event, if at all possible. If you must cancel, please change your status on the event page or DM the event leader. The organizers reserve the right to deny anyone entry who shows up without notice and to ban anyone who is on the reservation, but does not attend.
3) Please bring ID with you to all events. Karaoke box staff may deny entry to those without ID. Events that take place at night usually require attendees to be twenty-one or over.
4) Please go in clockwise order one by one when selecting songs to sing, so everyone has an equal opportunity. This also makes it easy to tell if your song is skipped, in which case you can choose two songs upon your next turn. Please try to locate your song choice before getting the remote to keep it moving along. As soon as you enter your song, please pass the remote directly to the next person, and let them know it is their turn.
5) Please bring cash to pay for yourself and any tips. Please pay before entering the room, if possible. If you leave early, please remember to check with the event leader and karaoke staff about any monies due.
Hope to sing with you soon!
1,500 Japanese Culture Ambassadors
3,603 International Asians
12,902 Language enthusiasts
1,583 New York COOL Spot Hoppers