addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

JPG Photography Meetup Group - Hong Kong Message Board PhotoNews › Jing Huang: Leica Oskar Barnack New Comer Award Winner 2011

Jing Huang: Leica Oskar Barnack New Comer Award Winner 2011

Cool J.
user 7713743
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 513
Jing Huang: Leica Oskar Barnack New Comer Award Winner 2011

Jing Huang, born in Guangzhou, 1987 and now a resident of Shenzhen, China, was just named as the recipient this year’s Leica Oskar Barnack Newcomer Award. His self-selected portfolio of 12 black-and-white fine art images shot with his beloved Leica M4-P were chosen from over 2,000 entries. His favorite image in the group: “The picture of a kitten walking along a fallen tree branch, which makes me imagine a journey to an unknown destination.” A graduate in Photography and Digital Art from the Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts, Huang’s provocative and often whimsically surreal images convey a sense of the magical in outwardly ordinary scenes. “Perhaps we all have that sense of magic deep in our hearts,” says Huang prophetically. “All that is necessary to release the passion of this inner magic is a tool which, to me, is a camera.” What follows is the underlying story of that passion expressed by Jing Huang.

Read More HERE

Cool J.
user 7713743
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 590
Hi,

Jing Huang is one of the students of our Professor, Lou Yong. He is applying to be the Tutor of Shenzhen Art College. Haa, my colleague soon! Most welcome!!
He can speak Perfect Cantonese and a bit of English, I'll see if we can invite him to join one of our Photo Walk in the coming future!
Cool J.
user 7713743
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 595
Hi,

I promise, we'll see Jing Huang soon!

smile

Jenny