add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

JPG Photography Meetup Group - Hong Kong Message Board PhotoTour › Songkran- April 13-15, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Songkran- April 13-15, Chiang Mai, Thailand

user 9758447
Singapore, SG
Post #: 4
As you may know, Songkran is the traditional Thai new year celebrated with lots of water splashing. One of the best places to observe this is Chiang Mai. It falls on 13-15 April every year and this year conveniently it is on a Fri- Sun, and days after the Easter holidays so one could combine into a week's holiday. The festivities make for great photos, i've been there twice and cant wait to go again.

Anybody interested?
Cool J.
user 7713743
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 656
Hi BL,

I am interested, more details please...
user 9758447
Singapore, SG
Post #: 5
I think there are no direct flights, so fly through Bangkok. I plan to just take 1 day of leave, so fly HK- Bangkok 12th April night (Thurs), and fly Bangkok- Chiangmai 13th (Friday). I will fly back via Bangkok again on 15th (Sunday) afternoon.
If you have more time you can spend a few days in Bangkok beforehand given that it will be Easter the weekend before.

Besides the obvious fun of splashing water at everyone, one can also observe the religious ceremonies at temples where people splash water on Buddha statues, as well as street parades.

Packing is easy- just bring whatever you want to get wet in, and waterproof your camera- I used 2 ziplock bags the last time, but you could just get a waterproof point and shoot