Jacksonville Drupal User Group Message Board › Theming - Build it yourself or use a template

Theming - Build it yourself or use a template

A former member
Post #: 13
I am curious what others find themselves doing when it comes to theming I admittedly am not a design person so I struggle immensely in this area. I have tried using canned themes and then modifying them to my liking but often think that it might be easier to just build a theme from scratch. What do you use for theming? Any tools or tips that you would recommend?

Jeff
user 61335282
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 2
I think it really depends on the requirements and goals (and funds). In most cases I start with a flexible high-quality base theme like Acquia Slate and then tune things up visually from there. I've always been impressed with stuff from Top Notch Themes (check their Fusion core stuff, too). I strongly considered the Omega base theme for a large project when it first came out, but it had too many issues for me to take a risk on it. It seems to have come a long way. I'm just getting back into the Drupal arena, so maybe I'll kick those tires again soon.

Phase2 also puts out some really nice stuff you can snag for free. My personal experience has only been with OpenPublish and OpenAtrium, but I'm sure all of their products are pretty tight.
Tetiana B.
user 80660632
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 1
Hi Guys,

I have question about mobile themes. At work we want implement the mobile drupal theme that would be easy to customize and will support the community features. Can someone suggest couple good mobile themes and how to implement them?

Thank you!