Jacksonville Drupal User Group Message Board › Drupal Translation services

Drupal Translation services

A former member
Post #: 14
I am working on adding a Spanish translation on our company website. Any recommendations on modules or resources that you've used before?

Thanks!

-Bill
Rick T.
user 90363222
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 1
Bill,

I've just completed adding French, Spanish and Portuguese translations of entire website. I'm a contract programmer for APR Energy. I used D7, Omega theme, Delta, and Context to do the website. APR Energy is an international company, so all the translation was sent out and then reviewed by native speakers working at APR. Once I had everything set up, it was pretty much a matter of cutting and pasting content into translation tab of nodes. Context was invaluable in this process as I used different Deltas for different pages and one of the conditions is language.

I am also about to add in Ip2Locale and Ip2Locale Redirect, so that when someone visits the site from another country, it'll pop up in native language for that country if its one that has been translated. But had to do some tweaking to that module. And also have to do custom lookup table in database for countries.

Also used Language Switcher Dropdown, but opted to just show the language in native language rather than show flags for languages - flags do not always match and may offend some people (many countries in Africa speak French, but can be sensitive about it).

Hope that is helpful.

Rick Torzynski