The purpose of the Japan Cultural Appreciation Group (JCAG) is to promote Japanese and English language as well as Japanese culture. This is accomplished by providing a service that helps people to learn either language who may otherwise have learning or financial difficulties doing so. In a friendly environment, people from all over the world are connected, allowing them to understand the importance of the language and the culture, as well as make new friends in the process regardless of location.
If you are a Japanese-language student looking to practice your skills, or if you are a native Japanese speaker looking to practice English, this is the group for you! Private lessons are also available for those who wish to learn outside of the sessions as well.
• Cultural Awareness:
This section covers everything that involves Japanese culture such as food, art galleries, movies, music & musical performances, current issues in Japan, and other events.
1) We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, color, sex, age, veteran status, or disability.
2) While we encourage exchange and interaction, we would like to remind our members that if there is any sort of interaction they don’t feel comfortable with, they should feel free to inform one of the organizers.
3) We are not liable for any interactions or altercations that may occur outside of our events. In the event of there being any issues or concerns the member has the right to approach one of the organizers, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) In order to ensure that events run as smooth as possible and that we are prepared for our members, we encourage our members to RSVP; if your status changes then we ask that our members change their RSVP accordingly.
7) Unless stated otherwise, there are no refunds for an event attended under any circumstances.
8) Registration for paid events is not complete unless payment has been made.
9) Members are not allowed to promote their services of their own or for another group without the consent of an organizer; furthermore after receiving consent the group, service, and method of delivery for said services must adhere to our guidelines.