JavaSIG Message Board › Contract, Remote, and Onsite Positions Available for Top 5 Online Retailer.
New York, NY
Salary: $80K – $140K DOE
Our cutting edge client, who is a top 5 online retailer in the country, is seeking highly skilled Java developers to work on enterprise and web applications, and infrastructure. Candidates should have 5 years or more professional development experience and at least a Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent experience. We value intelligence, creativity, quality, technical leadership, and a strong interest to learn. You will have the opportunity to work at one of the nation's top five online retail companies. You will work closely with a dynamic team of developers who all share a common goal: building highly reliable systems that can handle huge loads without breaking a sweat. The company is located in Salt Lake City, UT, and offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package.
The ideal candidate must have:
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Strong Java SE or Java EE skills (preferably with version 5 or later)
• Strong knowledge of SQL.
• Proficiency in Object Oriented design and programming.
• Experience with Object Relational Mapping (ORM) tools such as Hibernate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or similar technical field OR equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
• Strong database experience, preferably with Oracle 10g or later.
• Strong Linux/Unix skills.
• Proficiency with IDE-based development, especially IntelliJ with Eclipse.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field.
• Use of web container technologies such as Tomcat.
• Experience using web presentation technologies such as JSP, JSF, Ajax, Jamon, Velocity, or FreeMarker.
• Proficiency building unit tests using JUnit.
• XML and related technologies such as XSD, JAXB, XSLT, etc.
• Experience building web services, especially using the REST style.
• Experience with Maven.
• Experience with JMS.
• Experience with Flex.
Kira van Bree