JavaScript Ninjas @ Bangalore Message Board › Ideas for the next meetups

Ideas for the next meetups

Amit A.
user 97557062
Bangalore, IN
Post #: 1
I was wondering if we should explore some ideas for the next meetups. I have few recommendations, please feel free to add more.

- Along with sessions on new frameworks and libraries, we should also have sessions about native things, so that they are helpful for everyone every-time.
For instance: Along with talking MVC capabilities of libraries like Backbone, we should also talk about what exactly MVC is, how to implement it by ourselves and why do we really need to use MVC or MV* pattern

- Talking about solving advance problems in Front End Development like how to speedup the rendering and avoid unnecessary reflows and repaints. A workshop or lecture which includes each and every tip for performance improvement in web page rendering.

- Talking about some advanced tooling and features of modern developer tools like Chrome dev tools. How to use all of it's features to make a front end developer's life easy.

- A session on listing all JS based frameworks/toolkits currently available in market and a brief overview of each and pros and cons of them. There are many names currently in market and it is very hard to track who does what. Few names - Meteor, Yeoman, Backbone, Angular, Dart, TypeScript. An ideal session on this will present a clear postmortem of all of these libraries and frameworks.

There are many more ideas I have on this but this is just to get started.
Damayanti G.
user 84498922
Group Organizer
Bangalore, IN
Thanks for initiating a discussion on this topic Lets hear some more ideas smile
Jaison J.
jaisonjustus
Bangalore, IN
I agree with Amit. We can included talks related to Native Javascript, Javascript in Hardwares, Hobby project showcase and small workshops. I know what i said is to broad. But like to share what in my mind. Also wish to have a website for JS Ninja's.
Gaurav
user 98041052
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
One more idea. Would some one like to cover www.wakanda.org - Open-source client-server JS framework.
I am based out of Chandigarh, else I would have taken the session on it. I explored this few months ago and covered my experience with Wakanda here on my blog post with short video tutorial