JavaScriptKC Message Board › Next meeting site on College Blvd?

Next meeting site on College Blvd?

James B.
user 137003212
Kansas City, MO
Post #: 1
Update as of 4/10 end of business day: I have requested use of the facility at my company. I asked Monday, and have no response yet. My feeling is that it would be okay, and that the executive management really doesn't have time to think about it. But that's the situation. I don't know if there is interest in meeting at 5001 College Blvd., but I have put the process in motion. I expect approval.... and now for the e-mail I started this out with...

So, Joseph Andaverde and I have chatted about finding a location for the next meeting. I think I could get my company to host - we have a good facility for this kind of session - but I don't know whether the location will work for the group. We're at 5001 College Blvd, between Roe and Nall. The only thing I'm waiting for is a little feedback. Before I ask our chief engineer for permission to use our site to host the event on 4/15, I want to know whether anybody would attend.

One thing I think might be of interest is that our chief engineer has been holding weekly sessions focused on AngularJS, but incorporating Node and MongoDB. So, there is a handful of developers here who would probably be drawn into the group. I don't speak for them, but I know we have some Node developers in house who might attend.

Update on 4/5: I've asked for permission to host the meeting, in case there is nowhere else to go. It at least gives us a fallback. Our facility is good. We have lots of space, wifi, and all the usual meeting-room equipment for presentation.