Come join the Jax Beach Friday Drum and Musicians Circle @ 18th Ave North on the ocean in Jax Beach south of Pelican Pointe Condo.
FRIDAY 6:30 PM
PLS DON'T PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO "CONFIRMED THEY ARE COMING" ON THIS SITE. THAT IS NOT RELEVENT TO OUR GROUP. WE DONT CONFIRM WE JUST ARRIVE. IT'S IMPORTANT TO REGISTER MEETUP FOR WEATHER AND LOCATION CHANGES.
We groove every (dry) Friday night all summer long We start at 6:30 and we end when we end.
No Experience Necessary. Please register now.
Here is our vision of what we are going to grow up to look like:-)
All we ask in return is that you copy our meetup link and forward it to your like-minded friends in Jax or post it to your Facebook page. Here it is:
Our goal is to create an opportunity for people who love music to come together, a fun place for all to share their musical spirit. Blending percussion, dance (and hopefully flow arts soon), all are welcomed to come, share and enjoy.
Music is gift. Please bring extra instruments (drums, bells, shakers) to share (or to sell if you wish) so that we may grow the group.
Like a potluck dinner, the drum circle gathering is musical soup that is created by the flavors of all who contribute. The rhythms we each contribute to the circle shall lead the way. We drum and dance together while sharing positive flowing energy to last throughout the week.
It is a family and community oriented weekly event, so feel free to bring the kids!
Drum Circle Etiquette Guidelines:
1. Please do not touch someone's instrument without asking permission.
2. Instruments placed in the middle of the circle are offered for the community to play.
3. Please remove all hand and wrist jewelry to prevent instrument damage when playing somebody else’s instrument.
4. Always listen for the pulse of the rhythm, feel the groove, and support it, do not try to dominate it.
5. Listening to each other in the key to communication.
6. When in doubt, keep it simple. Use the heartbeat to anchor the groove.
7. If you are a beginner, do not play cowbell, clave, or loud shakers. These instruments need specific rhythms with perfect timing.
8. If you solo, share the solo space, give others a chance while you take turns playing the supportive accompaniment.
9. Let there be space in the music, allowing room to communicate.
10. Please do not intentionally change the rhythm, or tempo, this may happen naturally, as a group.
11. Be aware of your body positioning which can block the view, sound and energy.
12. Be aware of your playing volume.
13. If you choose to smoke please outside the circle, and downwind.
14. The inner circle is for the dancers.
15. If you choose to drink please do so inconspicuously (platic cup) so we do not attract unwanted attention.
19. Most of all... smile, enjoy, stay positive, and please pack your trash.
In the community drum circle, we are all teachers, and students.
Rhythm and flow Jax
para lounge drum
Jax Beach Music
Jacksonville Beach Music
Atlantic Beach Music
Neptune Beach Music
Jax Beach drum
Jacksonville Beach drum
Atlantic Beach drum
Neptune Beach drum
Jax Beach dance
Jacksonville Beach dance
Atlantic Beach dance
Neptune Beach dance
Jax Beach party
Jacksonville Beach party
Atlantic Beach party
Neptune Beach party
Jax Beach hula hoop
Jacksonville Beach hula hoop
Atlantic Beach hula hoop
Neptune Beach hula hoop
Jax Beach singles
Jacksonville Beach singles
Atlantic Beach singles
Neptune Beach singles
Jax Beach restuarant
Jacksonville Beach restuarant
Atlantic Beach restuarant
Neptune Beach restuarant
Jax Beach church
Jacksonville Beach church
Atlantic Beach church
Neptune Beach church
162 Musicians At Heart
971 Hiking Enthusiasts
Tuesday, Jan 14
Monday, Dec 23
145 Community Members
Tuesday, Dec 24
2,301 Cocktails Enthusiasts
Saturday, Dec 21
1,179 Sidetrackers Singles
Saturday, Dec 21