Our May 31st party theme will be the movie "UP"
(a) You + your furkid = $20.00. However, in order to RSVP, a $10.00 non refundable deposit is due.
$10.00 cash balance is due at the door. Additional furparents @ $5.00 can also be paid at the door. Additional furkids = FREE.
(Sample fee: 1 parent and 1 furkid = $20.00. 2 parents and 1 furkid = $25.00)
The DEADLINE to RSVP to this event is: Wednesday, May 28th at 12:00 pm.
Other important details:
The fee includes:
(1) 2 hours of playtime
(2) Light snacks
(3) Access, via Facebook and meetup.com, to all photos. If you want a family portrait, feel free to ask Bob!
(4) A % of also goes to a different charity every month, as well as a % to the bar staff to thank them for cleaning up after us.
(6) A mini photo booth with fun props!
Jax and Friends is now open to all pups under 35 pounds. Based on both your/your furkid’s comfort level, you can decide which timeframe to attend. Here are the typical breakdowns, though is not guaranteed:
11:00 am – 11:30 am: Low Energy
11:30 am – 12:00 pm: Medium Energy
12:00 – 1:00 pm: High Energy
1:00 – 2:00 pm: Medium Energy
2:00 – 2:30 pm: Low Energy
This is a completely private Jax and Friends Party. As you enter Charlie’s, I should be there to greet you, in theory! :) But if for some reason I am not, feel free to pick up your nametag(s) and I’ll be sure to find you to say hello and collect your $ balance! I can be a bit scatter brained on the day of the event(s), so if you could help me out by having your moola ready for me, I would be so grateful!!
There is a long table in the back of Charlie's to leave your personal items. While we are amongst dog loving friends, please be sure to keep any super personal items with you.
* Danny, your delightfully awesome bartender, will be ready to tend to all your libation needs (woot!) with a full bar. This is a private party just for us, so please enjoy a few cold ones and help thank Charlie's Chicago for hosting our gathering. And because this is a private event, it is a kid-friendly event and count as additional hoomans ($5.00 each).
* Parking: There is metered parking ($2/hour, for up to 2 hours at a time) on both Halsted and Broadway. Saturdays can be busy in our neighborhood (there is also a Synagogue across the street) so to help save some aggravation and potential time wasted, an option could be to download a parking app (example: I use “ParkWhiz” on my iPhone and there is a lot at 3730 N. Lake Shore Drive for $6) where parking lots/structures are listed with their prices. As our group has grown, parking may become more of a struggle. Please build in this time, as we don’t want parking to be a hindrance and eat into your potential play time with us.
* Nametags for parents will be provided to help us get to know each other and the fukids. If this is your first event, please please please email [masked] with your furkid's name, their photo, along with parent name(s). A close up photo would be best. Please send this by Wednesday, May 28th. Our nametags are multi use, so please leave your nametag(s) behind so that we can have it ready for your next meet up with us.
* It may go without saying, but we ask that you monitor your furkid at all times which includes cleaning up after them and making sure they play nicely with everyone. While we know humping happens (ha, nice bumper sticker, right?), please be mindful of other furfriend's feelings/reactions and try to keep it controlled. Thanks in advance!
As always, please feel free to email ([masked]) and let us know if you have any questions.
If you have attended one of our events, we would love a moment of your time by asking that you leave us a review. We love hearing your feedback and would like to share it to our friends who have yet to come to a Jax and Friends Meet Up.
These monthly Meet Ups are our highlights. We get SO excited to see all our old friends and meet new ones, too!! We hope you will feel the same, too!
Jax (and Marii & Bob)