addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

JaxPHP / JaxWeb Message Board › Sad Silex story

Sad Silex story

Eric N.
user 4016762
Group Organizer
Orange Park, FL
Post #: 111
I liked the looks of Silex as a framework to use with Guzzle on a new project, read the docs and googled for other peoples' experience. Despite anticipating a longish learning curve, I went ahead and installed it with my new friends, composer and packagist.

After a hour or two trying to figure out why it wouldn't work as advertised I realized the installed directory tree didn't match the one described in the installation docs.

I've spent many lonely hours dealing with installs that didn't match the docs, but this one was still disappointing. Haven't decided yet if I should spend more time on it or do something old-school.
Eric N.
user 4016762
Group Organizer
Orange Park, FL
Post #: 112
Ah-hah. The zip/tgz files available for download on the Silex site appear to include all the directories mentioned in the docs, but missing from packagist. So there's hope.