addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

JaxPHP / JaxWeb Message Board › The new JaxPHP / JaxWeb Meetup Group

The new JaxPHP / JaxWeb Meetup Group

Eric N.
user 4016762
Group Organizer
Orange Park, FL
Post #: 10
JaxWeb and JaxPHP were started about 3 years ago and nurtured by Alan Doucette until he left the area last year to work near DC. I agreed to organize the groups late last year.

Alan organized joint meetups for the two groups over most of their recent history, but their membership has remained largely separate. Over the last few months our joint membership has considered the potential benefits of merging the groups to facilitate more local communication and collaboration among web designers and PHP developers who've been attending these meetups together.

We appear to have reached a rough consensus that a merger would be beneficial, at least for meetups. At the same time, some PHP members felt the need for a continued, separate identity for JaxPHP to address more technical issues.

So, after a final sanity check among a few active members, here we are:

• the JaxPHP / JaxWeb meetup group will replace the separate meetup groups to continue organizing joint meetups;
  • the and domain names will be available to members to support additional content, forums and activities beyond the scope of the pages;
  • the separate JaxPHP and JaxWeb pages will continue to be supported for archival purposes, to encourage members and visitors to join the JaxWeb / JaxPHP meetup group and to direct visitors to and

I'm looking forward to everyone's feedback and ideas about how to use the and domains to supplment these pages and support other activities and content.

Eric N.
user 4016762
Group Organizer
Orange Park, FL
Post #: 14
Any minute now, both the and domain names will start pointing to this meetup, via web forwarding. Please suggest other things we might do with these domain names.

For starters, I don't think we need to duplicate or replace the meetup page functions: we could display a prominent link to the meetup page and concentrate on features that supplement the meetup features.

For example, I'm interested in being able to set up sign-up sheets for: future presentations; bringing video projectors, cameras or other equipment; printing handouts or manning tables for conferences. Any oher ideas?