JaxPHP / JaxWeb Message Board › Web hosting

Web hosting

A former member
Post #: 10
Who do you recommend for Web hosting? Why? I am currently using Liquidweb and absolutely love them but they are a little pricey so and I am contemplating moving to someone else that my be a little more cost effective. I currently host all of my client websites from my liquidweb VPS.

-Bill
Ligaya T.
ligaya.turmelle
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 50
Note: I personally have not had to deal with a server in quite a while. I am hosted by a friend on their personal machine.

A few that I have heard of through friends that tend to like them are slicehost and rackspace.
A former member
Post #: 19
Hi Bill
I use a couple different options

Sphere is a good reseller plan Cold fusion, Windows, Linux, MSSQL and MYSQL all under one hosting plan.

Host Gator allows and a lot of development room for the midgrade shared hosting or VPS, PEAR EXT, ROR packages and gems. and great support.

I hope this help and look forward to getting back to Jax for maybe next months meetup.

Gene
A former member
Post #: 149
I use lunarpages Lunarparges - Virtual Private Server Hosting but I recommend that if someone is happy (absolutely love) their hosting not to risk that for a few dollars. Each hosting has different rules and what is provided, no one is happy with change immediately.

Tim
Craig G.
user 11699929
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 1
I do my own hosting. I built a powerful machine using a quad core gamer motherboard running using Sun Virtualbox with Linux Ubuntu 10.04 server and Windows 2008 Server. This works OK for me now, but if you get a lot of web traffic, this would not be a good choice.