add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

JaxRaw - NorthEast Florida's Raw & Living Foods Meetup Message Board › ***RECIPES HERE ***

A former member
Post #: 9
All these recipes are sounding great! Thanks for sharing!

Green smoothies are a great way to get more greens in.

This is what we have:

1 stalk of romaine lettuce
2 small apples, seeded
1 frozen banana
2 T. hemp seed
2 1/2 cups distilled water
couple squirts of agave

This makes two big glasses!

<Raises our glasses> "Cheers to green smoothies!"

A former member
Post #: 10
Now that it looks like we may have a few cooler days, warmer, spicier food will be more welcome as well as help to keep our raw bodies warm!biggrin Here is a chili recipe we put together this week-end.

Live Chili
2 large fresh tomatoes
3 ounce bag sundried tomatoes
1 clove garlic
jalapeno (you decide how much!)
1/4 cup olive oil
Sea salt
Italian seasoning
Chili Powder

Process fresh and sundried tomatoes, jalapeno, and garlic with an S blade, drizzling olive oil through processor lid. Season to taste with salt and seasonings. Set aside and make taco meat.

Taco Meat:
(Nungesser, "How We All Went Raw")
2 cups soaked walnuts
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon corriander
1-2 tablespoons Nama Shoyu
1/4 cup cilantro
1/2 cup fresh corn (optional)
Process until it looks like ground beef, only about 15 seconds. You might want to pulse and open the top and push the mixture down and pulse again. You want it well blended but not mushy, so proceed slowly. Do not add liquid to help it out.

Add taco meat to sauce. It is best if you also add sprouted beans (I used adzuki) and fresh or frozen corn. Eat as is or warm in dehydrator or small warmer. Serve with corn crackers or onion bread.
A former member
Post #: 426
Dragon's Dressing

1 cup miso
1 cup black tahini
1 Medjool date, soaked and pitted
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup ginger juice
1/4 cup raw olive oil

Blend all the ingredients with 2 cups of water until creamy.

Notes: You can substitute the date with agave. I think it goes with out saying, but you know if I make this, it automatically gets one whole habanero pepper added before blending. Also, I like to add some thai chile powder (I grind myself from whole dried thai chiles). Plus it is not complete with out a little celtic sea salt to taste and some fresh ground black pepper to taste.
A former member
Post #: 16
This is a great and easy recipe from Alissa Cohen's "Living On Live Food" book.

Date Nut Torte

Base of torte:

2 cups raisins
2 cups walnuts

1 cup dates, pitted and soaked
1/2 lemon, juiced *I sometimes squeeze the whole lemon and use all the juice.

For Base:

In a food processor, combine raisins and walnuts and blend until well blended and moist. (This will take a few minutes and you may see it forming a ball. Just make sure the raisins come out looking like a fudgey mixture and are not still grainy.)

Remove from processor and mold onto a plate in a round circle about 1 1/2 " thick.

For Frosting:

In a food processor, combine dates and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Spread the frosting on top of the torte.

Note: I like this served at room temperature as the frosting and torte are still sticky, but if you want a firmer texture that will be easier to slice, refrigerate it for a few hours.

A former member
Post #: 11
Dillon, your dressing sounds good, but where did you find black tahini? How does it differ from regular tahini? I use tahini alot. I am not sure about the habaneros you seem so fond of. cool I use jalapeno alot, but a little goes a long way!

Pansy, your torte sounds yummy, I will definitely be trying that. biggrin

Kelsey, I just had raw houseguests from Atlanta who showed me how to sprout using a mason jar and a knee high stocking! I have already done adzuki and lentils with no molding. It has been really simple. Just soak 8 to 12 hours and then rinse twice a day, voila, baby sprouts every day! biggrin

Here is another dressing we like to use for greens. Right now we are hooked on black, or alligator, kale.

Tahini Dressing

Agave nectar
Sea salt
Jalapeno (optional)
Lemon juice
Ground mustard

Mix together until you are satisfied with the taste combinations, then thin with filtered water to the desired consistency. Pour over salad or use as a dip. I have a 2 1/2 year old grandson who will take this and a bag of bok choy or kale out of the fridge and ask for a bowl! tongue It's that good!
A former member
Post #: 22
This recipe is from and we have it a couple times a week.

Mexican Vanilla Frozen Shake

1 1/2 cups water
handful of almonds
maple syrup (add as much as you like for sweetness. Can also use honey or agave.)
1 baby young thai coconut (all the meat and water)
2 tsp. vanilla extract or 1" piece of vanilla bean
Cinnamon (sprinkle in as much as you like)
8 ice cubes

*I also add hemp seed*

Blend till creamy!

This make two huge glasses!

Have fun,

A former member
Post #: 23
This Chocolate recipe comes from a person I met on another forum!

I don't know of anyone that doesn't like chocolate, especially raw chocolate!

Raw Chocolate

1 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup carob or raw cacao
4 T. agave nectar (or more to taste)
2 tsp. vanilla (could use orange or mint)

Put coconut oil in a bowl and place in another bowl of hot water, stirring until liquified. Stir in other ingredients until smooth. Pour onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and pop into freezer for 5-10 mins.

*I put these in candy molds. They came out so well and tasted better than SAD chocolate!
*Can also add coconut or pecans, etc.

A former member
Post #: 15
Thanks for all the good ideas Pansy! I make the fudge all the time for my dad and my kids. I use a little different recipe:

1 1/2 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 cup agave nectar
1 cup raw cocoa or carob
2 cups chopped nuts

I put the coconut butter in the vitamix and blend until melted. Then I add the cocoa and the agave and blend a minute more. I place the chopped nuts in an oblong glass baking pan, then pour in the chocolate and mix it with the nuts, then spread in the pan. Chill and cut into squares.

The first time I made it I couldn't believe it was so good and took less than 5 minutes to make!

I like your idea of using different flavorings. At Christmas I ordered some raw cocoa butter and used it in place of the coconut oil. It makes a firmer candy that tastes like a Hershey bar! I bought candy bar molds and gold paper, made a label with our name on it and we had candy bars to share with everyone.
A former member
Post #: 16
Hey Pansy!
I just ran into you on another raw food site. I read through your bio and some of your posts and feel like you are an old friend! LoL! I also blog on Storm and Jinjee's site where we have lots of good recipes as well as good conversations with people all over the world. Much smaller and friendlier than some of the others. Stop by if you get a chance. Your onion bread recipe made it there pretty quickly! We raw veggie people are everywhere; small world, huh? tonguelaughingbiggrin­

The recipe thread in in the General Discussion area.
A former member
Post #: 17
Pansy, I forgot to address the cocoa butter comment. It really isn't creamy but comes in a rather hard block. But when it is used to make the candy it is firmer and holds up better out of the fridge. It makes a harder candy where the coconut oil fudge is soft. Both are really good but I would call the coconut butter one fudge and the other a candy bar. I would loved to have shared a bar with you. tongue They were so cute, everyone called them Wonka bars because of the gold wrap. They were our golden ticket to good health!

The reason I like the coconut oil recipe is the formula of 1 1/2 cups coconut butter and agave to 1 cup cocoa powder is easy to remember! I used the same for the cocoa butter.

Have a rawsome week-end!
Connie cool