addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

JaxRaw - NorthEast Florida's Raw & Living Foods Meetup Message Board › ***RECIPES HERE ***

***RECIPES HERE ***

A former member
Post #: 23
Gaelen,
On the Green Chefs site they also made "pasta" with carrots and parsnips. It looks delicious, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

http://gliving.tv/gre...­
A former member
Post #: 5
On the "spaghetti" note- I use raw yellow or "summer squash" as my non-noodle. Using a fruit and veggie peeler, I cut into the squash lengthwise. What manifests is a super light, airy, and divine flake of squash. I have to admit, I can't get enough.

Also....

recipe for Super Greenie
1 banana
1 kiwi
1 granny smith apple

Freeze the banana w/ out the skin. Juice the kiwi and the granny smith apple.
Blend the frozen banana and the juice. Oh my. I know this looks like a regular smoothie recipe, but trust me, Super Greenie packs a punch!
A former member
Post #: 42
Raw Deviled Egg-less "Egg" Spread
Serves 4-6
This has been posted with permission from:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Raw Food, Right Now!
Heidi and Justin Ohlander
Http://www.rawfoodrightnow.com <http://www.rawfoodrig...­
rawfoodrightnow@gmail.com

P.O. Box 22426
St. Paul, MN 55122-0426
USA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Equipment:
High Speed Blender
Time to Make: Approximately 10 minutes
Shelf Life: Keeps up to 5 days in the fridge if sealed in a tight container. You can make this ahead of time!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup pure water
juice from one small lemon
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 1/2 cups raw cashews
½ teaspoon dry mustard
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
turmeric, as needed for color (approx. ½ teaspoon)
Directions:
1. Place the water, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and cashews in the high speed blender, and blend until very smooth.
2. With a spatula, take the mixture from the blender and place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Slowly stir in the mustard, white vinegar, and turmeric until it reaches the color and flavor you desire.
4. Serve on top of flax seed crackers, celery sticks, or add a bit of water to make a creamy salad dressing.

Enjoy!
A former member
Post #: 44
Looking for a raw Valentine idea? I am going to put this and the coconut oil fudge in little candy liners in a heart shaped box.

Caramel Candy
1 c. dates
1 c. pine nuts
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Blend in food processor until it forms a thick, smooth paste. Cut into little squares and press a whole almond on each square.

This tastes exactly like caramel candy.
A former member
Post #: 48
Pansy, I hope you like the caramel. Here is a special treat we made and enjoyed for Valentine's Day.

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

1 1/2 cup agave nectar
1 1/2 cup melted cocoa butter
1 cup ground cocoa

Mix together just until blended in vitamix. Dip strawberries in chocolate and lay on a wax paper or parchment paper covered tray. They dry very quickly and, unlike the coconut butter chocolate, it sets well without refrigeration. Store in refrigerator.

You can make them with coconut oil, but they must be refrigerated to set and the candy covering does not get as hard.
A former member
Post #: 64
Blueberry Smoothie

Serves two large glasses.

Frozen or Fresh blueberries
2 1/2 T. agave or to taste (whatever sweetner you like)
2 1/4 cups nut milk (whatever kind of milk you like)
2 T. lemon juice
Ground Cardamon to taste
Can add some ice if you would like it colder.

Blend all, but the cardamon till smooth.

When done, sprinkle cardamon on top.

Enjoy!

Pansylove struck
A former member
Post #: 6
fun & flavorful carrot salad~

6 cups grated salad
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup apple juice
2TBSP olive oil
1 Cup walnuts
1 TBSP cumin seeds
1 TBSP corriander seeds
1 cup dried cherries (or goji berries for the added health beni)smile
1/4 cup cilantro
flavor with cayenne

toss carrots with the juices and olive oil

toast the walnuts, corriander & cumin, then combine with the carrots.

add the remaning ingredients to the carrots and mix all ingredients together and enjoy!
A former member
Post #: 5
I don't know what you would call this. It reminds me of a pudding.

1 cup frozen mango
1 large peach
1 banana
Agave nectar to taste (optional)
Water (just enough to blend. Add as you go.)

Throw everything into a blender. I recommend the peach first for more fluid. Blend until smooth.

You can play with the flavor combos and different fruits. I like to add a handful of spinach to mine.biggrin
A former member
Post #: 703
Ataulfo Mango Smoothie Recipe

1 cup raw almond milk
1 ataulfo mango

Blend until smooth and serve.

A former member
Post #: 3
In my efforts to eat a low fat raw vegan diet and avoid oils, I have come up with several salad dressing recipes that are simple, easy, healthy and delicious. Here's one of my favorite

SUMMER GLAZE

Flesh from 1 mango
1 large or 2 medium oranges- juiced (with pulp)

Blend!