JaxRaw - NorthEast Florida's Raw & Living Foods Meetup Message Board › ***RECIPES HERE ***

Saint Augustine, FL
Post #: 185
Raw Cereal Recipe from member Judith

This is from "Real Food Real World"
2 cups buckwheat groats-soaked 1 hour
3/4 cup maple syrup
1+1/2tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 packets stevia(I hate stevia so I used a little raw organic sugar instead)
2tsp salt
Drain groats and rinse with water thoroughly
Place with other ingredients and process in food processor until it looks like soupy oatmeal but kinda grainy still
Divide mixture on 2 teflex lined dehydrator trays to about 1/8 inch thick
Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 8 to 12 hours. Flip over without the teflex and dehydrate another6 hours or so until crispy. Break up and freeze or fridge. Enjoy!
Saint Augustine, FL
Post #: 199
I haven't tasted this, but it sounds AMAZING!! and the picture looks incredible= Picture Here

Russell James is a raw chef in England with amazing eye candy recipes. He did a chef's residency at The Plant in Dumbo, NY where he made this dish daily for the staff and they simply couldn?t get enough of the creamy smoke flavor.

Here is the Recipe:

Wilted Kale Salad with a Creamy Chipotle Dressing

Serves 4-6

For the wilted kale

4 heads kale (this will seem like a lot but will wilt down when the salt is added)
2T salt
2c baby tomatoes, sliced
1c hulled hemp seeds

For the dressing

3 avocados
2 chipotle peppers*
½c olive oil
2T agave
¼c lemon juice

*If not using chipotle peppers, substitute with onion powder, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and tamari/nama shoyu

* Remove the stems and then wash and cut the kale into small pieces. Place into a bowl, add salt and start to massage the kale until it wilts and takes on a cooked texture.

* Add the tomatoes and hemp seeds to the bowl and mix in by hand.

* Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until creamy and mix into kale by hand.
A former member
Post #: 21
I just recently bought a Vitamix and so I have been using it everyday. For the first time, I actually had something warm and it's been over 3 months. I made a great soup! Here it is:

Red Hot Tomato Soup (for one)

1 tomato
1 slice of onion
1/4 of a red bell pepper
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp ginger
pinch of Celtic sea salt
a dash (or more) Cayenne pepper

Blend for 4 minutes in the vitamix, yum. I know you probaly have better soups but this was my first try and I love it!
Darice M.
user 4784149
Saint Johns, FL
Post #: 15
Robust Salad

So, for the last few days I have been living on my recent salad creation. It's so good that my husband is concerned that I am turning into a SALAD FANATIC This salad is full of flavor!!! Being raw, I find it tricky to have a dressing that tastes good and doesn't like 45 mintues to prepare!!! So if you're like me, and want a quick way to make a delicious salad then try this one out.

Baby Spinach
Baby Arugala
Organic Cherry Tomatoes
Kalamata Olives
1 tbs Nama Shoyu (similar to soy sauce)
Raw Pine Nuts (high in iron, but go easy, they are loaded with fat calories)
1 tbs Hemp Seeds
1 tbs Hemp Oil
2 tbs Flaxseed Meal
1 tsp Kelp Granuales (optional)
1 tsp Black Pepper

Cut the kalamata olives as to de-pit them. Just throw in all the salad ingredients and you've got yourself a Breast Healing, Colon Cleansing, Stress Reliever, Lowering Cholestrol Fighter and Anti-Aging of a SALAD!!!! Gotta love it!!!

For a different version of this salad try sun-dried tomatoes (soaked for 5 minutes) instead of cherry tomatoes, take out the olives and replace with fresh sliced strawberries. Instead of pine nuts, use sesame seeds. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this version too.

user 4082247
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 77
Green Curry Sauce:
1/4 cup grated lemongrass
1 cup coconut meat
1/4 cup raw cashew nuts,soaked 1 hour or more
2 TBLS lime juice
3 TBLS chopped jalapeno
3 green onion chopped
2 TBLS chopped ginger
1/4 cup basil
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut water

Blend all ingredients in high speed blender adding coconut water gradually
user 3908850
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 62
Just wanted to add this recipe to the permanent recipe link so that it was easier to find.

• 1 cup almond butter
  • 2 inch piece ginger *grated
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
  • 3/4 cup nama shoyu
  • 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
  • 1/2 tblsp lime juice

Combine all of the above ingredients in blender. Sauce keeps for one week in refrigerator. Can be used on noodles, Asian vegetables, or salad.

The sauce will be thick at first, but as it settles in with the veggies and noodles it will thin down and become runny so be sure to dry your noodles and veggies well or it may become too watery.

*For my particular recipe at the potluck I used:

• 1 cup almond butter (I have been able to get away with using only 3/4 cup almond butter instead of a full cup! Anything to save $$$.)
  • 2 inch piece of ginger *grated
  • 5 cloves of garlic (or did I use more??)
  • Agave instead of maple syrup, but used a touch of maple extract for just a hint of its flavor
  • Ume plum vinegar instead of brown rice vinegar
  • 1/2 cup of nama shoyu instead of 3/4 cup
  • Regular sesame oil instead of toasted (I did have to use a bit more than the recipe called for, but I don't remember what that measurement came out to be)
  • 1/2 tblsp lime juice

I combined all of this in a Vita-mix! WHIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZ! (Not sure how this turns out in a regular blender. I guess as long as you grate the ginger and pulverize the garlic you would be okay.)

I then chopped a variety of veggies into bite size pieces and added to two bags of kelp noodles. I can't remember all the veggies I used...baby sweet peppers, green beans (flat peas are optimal), broccoli (I think), cremini mushrooms (baby portabellas), and mung bean sprouts. There may have been one or two others. Basically just add any "Asian" type veggie and you are good to go!! It's very appealing if you use a variety of color as the dressing and noodles are rather bland looking. Black sesame seeds will work great in this as well.

Then glop on the sauce and mix well. You will want to use a bigger bowl for this. I find that this tastes even better the next day as the flavors really develop nicely. Just remember, if you refrigerate this before serving, you may want to pull it out ahead of time for it to come to room temperature since the dressing will coagulate when chilled and everything will be clumpy.

I brought this to work for lunch and shared it with a few of my co-workers and they absolutely loved it and swore it tasted just like a cooked dish (which they knew it really wasn't). They crave it now and insist I make it for all our luncheons.

I love eating this with chopsticks!! Go Asian and Enjoy!!

Yea! I feel accomplished now that I have finally posted this!

Check out the link for the other recipes that I don't believe made it here:
Recipes from Ian's potluck
user 4082247
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 98
Raw "Meat"loaf (inspired by Juliano's recipe from RAW)
1 1/3 cups walnuts (already soaked 2 to 6 hours and drained)
1 1/3 cups sunflower seeds "
1 1/3 cups almonds "
1 TBLS minced garlic
1/2 TBLS sea salt
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 cups portobellos chopped (marinated in 1 cup of namashoyu 10 min. or up to 6 hours)
1 TBLS chopped sweet onion
2 TBLS minced fresh thyme(no hard stems)
1/2 cup green bell pepper minced to chopped
1 1/2 tsp cumin SEEDS
1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil
Homogenize nuts, seeds and garlic with the nut butter attachment on your juicer. (you may use a food processor) Mix in the rest of the ingredients then shape into miniature meatloaves about 1 1/2 inches high. Dehydrate at 110 degrees F for 1 to 2 hours. Flip onto the other side with a spatula for another hour or so. Loaves should be brown and kinda crispy on the outside but softish and beigeish on the inside.
user 4082247
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 101
Rejuvelac is super easy to make. It doesn't take much prep time but does require a few days patience. I decided to make it to try it out on some cheese recipes that call for rejuvelac. You simply add some sprouted wheat berries to water (ratio according to Rawfood,Real World-2 cups of wheat berries to 1 gallon of water) cover with breathable material in a warmish location(70 degreesish) for about 48 hours and voila! you have rejuvelac. Then use the same wheatberries to do it again but for only 24 hours. It's supposed to be uber(to use Melissa's cool word-and now one of my favorites) healthy for your colon. It tastes like carbonated unsweetened lemonade . I really like the way it tastes and have enjoyed about a 8 oz glass the last two mornings. According to RawFood,RealWorld it lasts about a week in the fridge. I'll post later about the cheese recipe attempt...
A former member
Post #: 4
From http://www.gliving.tv...­ They also have a video for making an awesome raw Coconut cake.

For NON Baking Bakers- Here is their Chocolate Hazelnut Pie.

Here is the link to a 7 layer garden lasagna with pine nut ricotta.

Saint Augustine, FL
Post #: 398
From www.thegardendiet.com---

Durian and Orange Juice Smoothie:
Our kids won't eat durian but we can blend it up with orange juice and they will guzzle it! Durian is an exotic fruit from Thailand, like a giant pinecone, with a sulphuric odor, - people love or hate it - or if willing to try it several times it does grow on you! You need to get a good ripe one or it is not worth it! The meat should be creamy, not tough. To open a Durian: A Durian has pods, and in the whole Durian you can see indents between the pods. In the middle of each pod there is a seam to be seen between the spikes of the Durian's shell. With your thumbnails or a knife, open the seam carefully and scoop out the yellow custard! This fruit is available at Asian Markets. It can induce a feeling of being extremely relaxed and happy if enough is eaten on an empty stomach. (Could this be the origin of the song "Mellow Yellow"?). You can eat the Durian as it is or make a smoothie. Take out the large seeds and put 2 pieces of Durian in the blender with a blender full of orange juice. Blend until liquified. It is extremely filling. You can also add the milk of one young coconut for an even more exotic blend. Serves 4.