JaxRaw - NorthEast Florida's Raw & Living Foods Meetup Message Board › Florida Raw Restaurant Guide

Florida Raw Restaurant Guide

Ian
mysocalledknife
Columbia, SC
Post #: 122
Greetings, all!

Since these raw restaurants are popping up all over the place, I want to dedicate this link to reviews of the restaurants in Florida that you have been to. I'll run through a list below with contact information, by region. And feel free to send me any that I have forgotten about, so I can add it to this original post. I travel quite a bit (especially in Florida) and for others who do the same, it is nice to know what to expect from cities beyond our First Coast.

* note: all establishments that are marked "full-service restaurant" are 100% raw, or at least very close to it.

North East

Present Moment Cafe & Market
224 West King St.
St. Augustine, FL 32084
904-827-4499
Website
full-service restaurant & juice bar (also serves beer & wine), and Market with take-away

Turtle Island Natural Foods
363 Atlantic Blvd.
Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
904-246-2441
Website
organic market with raw food Thursdays, several outdoor tables only

Native Sun
11030 Baymeadows Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32256
(904) 260-2791
Website
Open Monday - Saturday 8 am - 8 pm. Natural foods store, juice Bar, live smoothies, raw deli items from the Present Moment Cafe. Cafe seating.

Native Sun
10000 San Jose Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32257
904-260-6950
Website
Open Monday - Saturday 8 am - 8 pm. Natural foods store, juice Bar, live smoothies, salad bar with raw dressings, raw deli items from the Present Moment Cafe. Cafe seating.

Orlando/Winter Park

Cafe 118
153 E. Morse Blvd.
Winter Park, FL 32789
407-389-2233
Website - Cafe 118
Full Service Cafe. Juices and take-away

Ethos Vegan Kitchen
1235 North Orange Ave., Ste. 101
Orlando, FL 32804
407-228-3898
vegan restaurant, raw friendly, featuring 100% raw salad dressings & salads

Whole Foods Market
1989 Aloma Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789
407-673-8788
organic market with juice bar, raw prepared foods, and outside seating

Panhandle

Everman's Natural Market
315 W Garden St.
Pensacola, Florida 32502
850-438-0402
website
large organic co-op with juice/smoothie bar, pre-packaged raw desserts, with seating

For The Health of It
2217 W County Hwy 30A
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459
850-267-0558
website
sizable organic store with juice/smoothie bar, and many pre-packaged raw items

New Leaf Market
1235 Apalachee Parkway
Tallahassee, Florida 32301
850-942-2557
website
large organic co-op with extensive produce, salad/juice/smoothie bar

Tampa & Southwest Florida

Veggie Magic
4428 Bee Ridge Rd.
Sarasota, Florida 34233
941-377-6209 call before you go! it was closed for an period, not sure if it is back open yet.
full-service restaurant

Grassroot Organic Restaurant
1212 South Florida Avenue
Lakeland, Florida 33803
863-603-7668
website
vegetarian, vegan, and raw options

Grassroot Organic Restaurant
2702 North Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33602
813-221-7668
website

Nature's Food Patch
1225 Cleveland St,
Clearwater, Florida 33755
727-443-6703
Natural food market offering sizable raw food section, plus a cafe inside with large juice/salad bar, plus live smoothies (upon request). Raw food items from the store can be rung up and consumed in the cafe.

The Village Market
3225 South MacDill Ave. Ste. 123
Tampa, Florida 33629
813-831-6065
Large natural foods grocery store stocking organic produce and raw items, plus a salad/juice bar.

Leafy Greens Cafe
409 Central Avenue
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701
727-289-7087
website

Treasure Coast & Southeast Florida

The Soma Center
609 Lake Ave.
Lake Worth, FL 33460
561-296-9949
spa and vegan cafe, offering a rotating raw menu on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday

Om Garden
379 SW 15th Rd (at Broadway)
Miami, FL 33129
305-856-4433
website
Vegan/vegetarian diner-style cafe with a sizable raw menu. All desserts are raw. Closed Sunday

Lifefood Gourmet
1248 SW 22 St (at 12th Ave)
Miami, FL 33145
305-856-6767
Website
full-service restaurant, open Thursday-Sunday, 12:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Simply Natural Cafe
8267 Sunset Strip
Sunrise, FL 33322
954-742-8384
Website
organic market and cafe with a specialized raw menu and to-go raw desserts

Green Wave Cafe
5221A W. Broward Blvd.
Plantation, FL 33317
954-701-9993
Website
Raw food school/cafe serving raw and vegan meals weekdays fro
Ian
mysocalledknife
Columbia, SC
Post #: 123
This past Saturday, I drove down to Merritt Island (about an hour due East of Orlando, and an hour due south of Daytona) to try the A-Live & Healthy Organic Cafe.

It was a small and cozy cafe, almost located in the middle of the "neighborhood" in Merritt Island. Odd choice for a raw cafe, I thought, considering all the BBQ joints I passed on the way there. They have been open for 3 months, and appear to be doing very well. The hours are Tuesday-Friday, 11-7, and Saturday from 10-3.

The menu was divine! Smoothies, nut shakes, juices. I enjoyed an Almond butter shake and their green smoothie of the day (spinach, mango, banana, thai coconut water) to start with.

I then moved on their pizza menu. They offer it by the "slice" or as a whole pie (!!!). On a flax crust, they serve marinara, almond cheese, and choice of toppings: on one slice I had tomato and basil, and the other (and no, I'm not making this up) they served me walnut pepperoni!!!

and .... it .... tasted .... just .... like .... pepperoni

Pizza reigns supreme as my Kryptonite as I waddle around in my raw food world, so having this made my brain erupt skyward. I couldn't believe what I was eating!

They also had corn and flax chips, with guac and salsa, and they actually sprout their own chicpeas for their hummus (which is what I dove into afterwards - had to bring it home)

And for dessert ........ raw carrot cake, with coconut icing. Best carrot cake I've ever had.

There is a section on the menu that has 4 cooked items, with a statement about people who feel like supporting those on the raw path may not necessarily want to join into the raw foray. This makes it an all-inclusive restaurant, and I felt elated after having read that.

Every Friday, they serve dinner, with different "themes" (Mexican raw food was last week's, this week was an Italian theme)

Was it worth the 2+ hour drive? I say "yes", and anyone from this area looking for a little raw adventure cannot go wrong (it's not far from the Space Station)

More info can be found here:

http://a-liveandhealthy.com­

Happy raw trails!

Ian
Melissa
CheezzWhizz
Saint Augustine, FL
Post #: 441
Thank you Ian for this rawesome list! What an adventure you had dining at A-Live. Great review!
Ian
mysocalledknife
Columbia, SC
Post #: 126
I didn't have time to gather the websites, but that could be a project for another day :-)

More reviews to come!

Ian
Candice
Candice1010
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Post #: 25
Thanks for the info, Ian! What a great list! And - raw vegan pepperoni, on pizza!!! YUM!.....sounds awesome (and definitely worth a 2 hour drive!)
Candice
Ian
mysocalledknife
Columbia, SC
Post #: 132
Thanks for the info, Ian! What a great list! And - raw vegan pepperoni, on pizza!!! YUM!.....sounds awesome (and definitely worth a 2 hour drive!)
Candice

Yea verily!

Anytime I am even remotely near this area, I will be stopping in to eat. I also was able to speak to the owner, and I found out that they grow all of their herbs on site, and even many of the greens that they use. They also ferment their own kombucha too.

Highly recommended ....... but you probably figured that out from my glowing review :-)

Ian
Tesha
highlyfavored2
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 112
I think we should try doing a road trip every month to these different locations??? We could all chip in on gas and switch vehicles. Who's in!!!!!???????

Great review Ian
Melissa
CheezzWhizz
Saint Augustine, FL
Post #: 447
I'm in! Oh, wait..... I work weekends.crying
Have fun and bring me a to-go box!
Ian
mysocalledknife
Columbia, SC
Post #: 134
I think we should try doing a road trip every month to these different locations??? We could all chip in on gas and switch vehicles. Who's in!!!!!???????

I'm always in!

I'd actually like to go to Grassroots again, just outside of downtown Tampa. The last time I went there, the raw items were pretty good, but nothing spectacular. Since then, they have hired a raw chef, and the menu look fabulous, especially the Raw Burrito and the Treatloaf with Smashed potatoes.

But any road trip for me on the weekend - sorry, Melissa :-( ... is always worth the price in gas, so count me in.

Ian
A former member
Post #: 9
I'm also in for this road trip. BTW The place in WPB is now closed for the summer. I emailed then to ask for alternative resturants. I'll let you know if I find out about any down there.