JaxRaw - NorthEast Florida's Raw & Living Foods Meetup Message Board › Florida Raw Restaurant Guide

Florida Raw Restaurant Guide

Ian
mysocalledknife
Columbia, SC
Post #: 199
Listings are updated;

I added both Native Sun locations. Juice bar and live smoothies (upon request) and all the goodness of the Present Moment as well :-)

Ian
Ian
mysocalledknife
Columbia, SC
Post #: 210
Some of my travels have compelled me to edit the original post for updating purposes :-)

Added

Panhandle

For the Health of It (Santa Rosa Beach)
New Leaf Market (Tallahassee)

Treasure Coast & Southeast Florida

Green Wave Cafe (Plantation)

Tampa & Southwest Florida

Grassroots Organic Restaurant (Lakeland)
Leafy Greens Cafe (St. Petersburg)

Deleted

North East

Michael's Organic Market (Yulee)

*** with the current list, this now makes 9 cafes/restaurants that serve 100% raw food. Two years ago on this date, there was only 1 (The Present Moment Cafe).

Coupled with cafes/restaurants that are raw friendly (serving cooked vegetarian and vegan options, alongside raw menu items), the list expands to 16 of these establishments.

In terms of becoming the new hot spot for raw food movements, Florida is catching up to the perenial powerhouses in the U.S.

Don't look now, California .............. here we come. hahahaha.

Thanks for all of your support, everyone!

Ian

Cindi T.
Cindi_in_Satsuma
Satsuma, FL
Post #: 37
We've been to the Green Wave Cafe in Ft. Lauderdale several times. There are a couple of great people who started this restaurant more as an educational facility than a restaurant, hence their hours for serving food are limited (11 to 3) although they will serve you if they are there. They have classes there at night and on the weekends. Certified Hippocrates Educators, they are very into the health of it. Here is their website if anyone is down that way:

http://www.greenwavec...­
Ian
mysocalledknife
Columbia, SC
Post #: 242
Sunrise Park Cafe is closed temporarily, until this summer, perhaps. More details on their webpage (they might be changing buildings)

Ian

Website Here
Ian
mysocalledknife
Columbia, SC
Post #: 275
7/31: Updated raw cafes in Miami/Southeast Florida.

Ian
Ian
mysocalledknife
Columbia, SC
Post #: 276
8/1 update:

Went to A-Live & Healthy on my way back from So. Florida, and I found out they moved across the street to the "Madison Commons". Smaller place, but they get to share the rent with a cooked restaurant, which may expose people to the concept in general. I spoke to the owner of the cooked cafe, and she is very much open to the concept and is embracing the food and the cuisine.

This is a good thing to see :-)

As such, the address has been updated.

Ian
A former member
Post #: 55
There's also a restaurant down in Palm Coast, the Ginger Root Cafe... open Mon-Fri, 10:30-3! :-)

Am looking forward to enjoying more of these restaurants and meeting more people who enjoy Raw Food!

Susan :-)

Some of my travels have compelled me to edit the original post for updating purposes :-)

Added

Panhandle

For the Health of It (Santa Rosa Beach)
New Leaf Market (Tallahassee)

Treasure Coast & Southeast Florida

Green Wave Cafe (Plantation)

Tampa & Southwest Florida

Grassroots Organic Restaurant (Lakeland)
Leafy Greens Cafe (St. Petersburg)

Deleted

North East

Michael's Organic Market (Yulee)

*** with the current list, this now makes 9 cafes/restaurants that serve 100% raw food. Two years ago on this date, there was only 1 (The Present Moment Cafe).

Coupled with cafes/restaurants that are raw friendly (serving cooked vegetarian and vegan options, alongside raw menu items), the list expands to 16 of these establishments.

In terms of becoming the new hot spot for raw food movements, Florida is catching up to the perenial powerhouses in the U.S.

Don't look now, California .............. here we come. hahahaha.

Thanks for all of your support, everyone!

Ian