Jersey Shore Tech Message Board › How a web designer can help in a disaster situation...

How a web designer can help in a disaster situation...

A former member
Post #: 89
Well, you can't program your way out of a hurricane, but with a little forethought, your services might be incredibly valuable to the community.

I have an idea I would willingly share here that would allow people (across the state, the nation, or even the world) to donate exactly the goods (food, etc.) needed in a disaster or emergency situation -- like the hurricane and snow storm created at the Jersey Shore.

The idea centers around web pages to direct NEEDED donations to appropriate charities (food banks, etc.), in the FORM those charities can best handle with least effort.

I am not competent to create a modern webpage. (I've created webpages, but they had none of the sophistication of modern ones.) To implement this idea would require talented web designers, such as some members of this group.

Would there be any interest from people in this group to contribute to (or to head up) such an effort? I could contribute a lot of ideas, including premise, layout, text, etc., but assembling all that into viable web pages is not my skill.

In principal, this could turn into paid work, and I would have no problem with that. (My interest is that it happen, not whether it is done as charity or for pay.) I am not, myself, offering money, however.

- Bruce