San Mateo, CA
Lab Network Engineer – Sunnyvale, CA
The Lab Network Engineer will be the focal point of contact for the Software and QA Engineering team (US, Shanghai, CN, and any other Corporate VPN user) and be responsible for the functionality of the associated networks, servers, and applications. Work hours will be scheduled full time including early evening to support overseas work schedules. Responsibilities additionally include conducting performance tests on networking equipment from vendors and company products. Candidate must have hands on Router, Switch, and VPN appliance experience, preferably Cisco, in addition to being able to show thorough understanding of core TCP/IP and Ethernet concepts and technologies.
· Participate in network and system design meetings
· Primary contact to support the engineering network environment
· Assist in setup, configuration and administration of routers, switches, servers, applications and other networking equipment in the software and QA lab.
· Assist in configuration and administration of security devices such as firewalls and VPN devices.
· Develop network automation scripts.
· Configure and maintain network monitoring and measurement tools
· Perform log analysis from networking devices and servers.
· Assist in conducting performance tests on networking equipments, document results, and recommend courses of action
· Understanding of directory services and directory service integration (AD, LDAP)
· Provide on-call responsibility to support the SW and QA lab environment
· Create and maintain Visio diagrams of the engineering networks
· Assist in corporate IT Department projects
· Understanding of OSI networking layers and how they relate in a production environment
· Understanding of IP subnets and routing.
· Experience with setting up, configuring, and backing up Linux servers
· Experience with VPN technologies and implementations
· Experience with Linux IP security
· Experience with troubleshooting Ethernet based networks, TCP/IP based services and hardware, Basic IP routing protocols, and firewalls
· Experience with VLAN and TCP/IP design/configuration on Linux Firewall
· Windows and Linux administration
· Experience installing and administering project/bug tracking applications
· Understanding of Linux virtual machine implementations
· Knowledge of Git, CVS version control system
· Private Cloud deployment. (Ubuntu Cloud or Openstack will be preferred.)
· Hours are generally Monday through Friday with 1-2 hours time zone (China) shifting to support overseas schedule. Weekend work is required on occasion.
· Must be able to lift 50lbs
· Excellent language and communication skills in English. Mandarin is required to communicate with
Shanghai RD center.
· BS Degree or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, and work experience.
· Demonstrable experience supporting users in an Engineering environment.
Resumes to: Kathleen Conners firstname.lastname@example.org (303)790-0354
Local area candidates only please.
"Recruitment & Consulting"