Job Seekers Network on the Peninsula Message Board › JOB SEEKERS BOOT CAMP ON THE 25TH OF OCTOBER!

JOB SEEKERS BOOT CAMP ON THE 25TH OF OCTOBER!

Sharon S.
Shaaronus
Group Organizer
San Mateo, CA
Hello All!

This one is going to be very good speakers and information, please attend and tell me all about it!

I won't be able to attend due fact helping my mother around the house and get her meals for she just had knee implanted surgery.

Lot of speakers were former speakers of our Meetup and from other networking events.

Here is the information, please register asap!

Job Hunters Boot Camp
sponsored by Congresswoman Jackie Speier
Monday, October 25
10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (doors open at 9:30 a.m.)
South San Francisco Conference Center
255 South Airport Boulevard
South San Francisco

Twenty area employers will be participating, among them Astound, ATDynamics, Franklin Templeton, Macy’s, Patelco, SFO, Consumer Credit Counseling Services of San Francisco, Kaiser Permanente, SFPD, State Farm Insurance, Mills Peninsula Hospital and Virgin America.

You will have access to experts from PeninsulaWorks, EDD, local colleges, local HR managers, career coaches and others. Our workshops are designed to give you the tools you need to land your next job and will provide practical advice on resume writing, interviewing and networking.

Here is the program of all speakers and workshops:

10:05 – 10:13 a.m.
Ballroom E & F • Congresswoman Jackie Speier, Welcome and Update from Washington

10:13 – 10:15 a.m.
Ballroom E & F • State Assemblyman Jerry Hill

10:15 – 10:55 a.m.
Ballroom E & F • Morning Keynote – Mary Stutts, Senior Vice President of Elan Corporation and author of The Missing Mentor

11:15 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
Salon E • Social Networking for the Uncomfortable (Carlos Hernandez)
Salon F • Phone Interviews/Success Strategies (Cristina Gomez)
Salon GH • Networking I: Clear, Concise, Consistent: The Introduction That Gets You Hired (Rebecca Kieler)
Salon IJ • How to Tell Your Career Story (Joan Tabb Wasbein)

12:15 – 1:00 p.m.
Salon E • Put YOU in Your Resume (David Woodward)
Salon F • Put Your Experience to Work: The Over 55 Job Seeker (Ann Greenhaw)
Salon GH • Networking II: Clear, Concise, Consistent: After the Introduction (Rebecca Keiler)
Salon IJ • ACT: Accelerating Career Transition (Jud Walsh)

1:15 – 2:00 p.m.
Salon F • Networking Mixer (Fred Slone & Maria Martinez-Torres)
Salon GH • Doing Well While Doing Good: A Non-Profit Career (Porcia Silverberg)
Salon IJ • Embracing Career Change (Ivan Temes)

This event is free for residents of the 12th District. Please register by calling my district office at (650) 342-0300 or e-mail speier.events@mail.house.gov.

Parking is free, but I encourage you to take public transportation to the conference center.

I look forward to seeing you on Monday!

All the best,

Jackie

Washington D.C. Office
211 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-3531
Fax: (202) 226-4183 District Office
400 S. El Camino Real, Suite 750
San Mateo, CA 94402
Phone: (650) 342-0300
Fax: (650) 375-8270