Hackers/Founders DC Message Board › Hiring for Hackers in Chinatown - .NET Developers needed!!
|A former member||
Are you ready to be a part of a fast-growing, high-tech software company where the work that you do directly impacts the company’s product offerings and bottom line? Would you enjoy working with top level technology execs on challenging SQL and ASP.NET projects? If so, The Knowland Group has a great opportunity for you to advance your software development career!
We are looking for Junior and Mid-level .NET Software Developers to work in our Washington, DC office as a dedicated member of our incredible Tech Team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about coding, enjoy working in a team-focused environment, and like the high-energy atmosphere of working for a hyper growth company! The candidate will work directly with our Vice President of Technology and CEO/Founder to develop and deliver (using Agile methodologies) Knowland Group’s current and future SaaS-based product offerings. This will include generating custom reports and stored procedures, data migration and integration, and database design.
• Work heavily with SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio 2010 (Visual Basic) to generate custom reports and stored procedures, data migration and integration, and database design.
• Participate in the full software development life cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, initial configuration, setup, design, testing, updates, ongoing support, integration, maintenance and troubleshooting
• Convert software specification requirements into appropriate programming languages and write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of software applications
• Develop, design and maintain backend systems for our internal and external software offerings
• Work as a dedicated senior member of the Tech Team to find, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve software issues and bugs
• Provide guidance and act as a resource to more junior members of the team
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a problem solver, trouble shooter and analytic thinker who lives, eats and breathes writing code and techy stuff!
• Possess a bachelor’s degree (preferred, but not required) in a technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems
• Be proficient with SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio 2010, and have at least 2-5 years of programming experience writing stored procedures in T-SQL.
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations, such as memory management and low-level algorithm performance
• Have experience with Agile or short release cycles
• Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
Location/Work Environment: Our office in DC is located in Chinatown at 623 H Street NW, Washington, DC 20001. The work environment is casual and relaxed, yet high energy!
Benefits: The Knowland Group offers a competitive suite of benefits for its employees. These benefits include paid time-off and paid holidays, health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, 401k with company match, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, gym reimbursement, childcare reimbursement, and SmartBenefits for DC commuters.
A bit about us - The Knowland Group is a growing tech company that develops SaaS-based software for the hospitality industry. We have won numerous awards for our growth and company culture. We were ranked as the 5th fastest growing software company on the Deloitte Fast 500 Technology List in 2010 and the 27th fastest in 2011. In 2009 & 2010 we were ranked as the 2nd fastest growing company in the travel industry by Inc. Magazine, and as one of the Best Places to Work in 2011 by the Washington Business Journal!
Apply on our website at www.knowland.com or email me at mmerryman(at)knowland.com!!