Hacker News Readers DC Message Board › Happy Hour and Startup Showcase - April 21st

Happy Hour and Startup Showcase - April 21st

Rusty K.
RustyKlophaus
Group Organizer
Alexandria, VA
Hi all,

Just one week until our next event! Come out to Ragtime on Thursday, April 21st at 6pm for the next Hacker News DC Happy Hour and Startup Showcase. (Ragtime is in Arlington near the Courthouse Metro Station. We'll have the entire back room for ourselves.)

The showcase lineup:

• Conrad Barski, M.D. (author, Land of Lisp) will give us a sneak peek of his latest project, a web animation tool with advantages over Flash and ToonBoom.
  • PlayPass (Portman Willis, Peter Martin, and Karl Bunyan) will demo their new startup that combines gaming and retail. PlayPass is launching their public beta at TechCrunch Disrupt next month.

The meetup starts at 6pm, showcase starts at 7pm. Each startup will have 15 minutes to present and discuss their idea with the group.

Huge thanks to Basho Technologies (my employer) for sponsoring the event:

Basho Technologies is the company behind Riak -- a distributed,scalable, fault-tolerant datastore used by companies with application data that's too big or too critical to store on a single machine. Available in open-source and enterprise versions.

Email me (rklophaus@gmail.com)­ or grab me at the meetup if you would like to participate in future startup showcases or sponsor future events.

Best,

Rusty