1. Bring some food with you even if a pub stop with lunch is on the agenda. You may need it on the journey back if not before.
2. Use the toilet on the train journey out as it may be the best opportunity for a while.
3. Always have a full set of waterproof gear i.e. hood/hat/umbrella, jacket, trousers and walking boots/shoes.
4. There are always likely to be some very muddy stretches, especially from autumn through to spring. You'll have less trouble in proper walking boots. Gaiters are very useful to keep the mud off you, and a walking stick or poles will help you keep your balance.
5. Plastic carrier bags can prevent things getting soaked in your rucksack if you haven’t got a liner.
6. If there is likely to be sun bring shades and sunscreen according to your sensitivity to its rays.
7. Other essentials: water, money, jumper, phone. Gloves in winter.
8. Optional extras: camera, dog (if guaranteed not to go running off and harassing other quadrupeds).
9. Get organised as far as possible the night before as our meeting times are pretty early.
10. If you're pushed for time skip breakfast and grab something at the station to have on the train journey down.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|The High Weald Landscape Trail||August 30, 2014 12:10 PM||Christopher|
|The Three Castles Path||June 1, 2014 10:26 AM||Christopher|
|The Greensand Way - Sections 7 to 9||October 28, 2013 1:31 PM||Christopher|
|Pub Menu for October 13th||October 11, 2013 7:38 PM||Christopher|
|The Essex Way - Sections 4 to 6||October 1, 2013 8:40 PM||Christopher|
|The Greensand Way Sections 4 to 6||September 3, 2013 10:26 PM||Christopher|
|The Essex Way - Sections 1 to 3||July 14, 2013 7:09 PM||Christopher|
|The Sussex Border Path - Sections 7 - 9||June 17, 2013 11:54 PM||Christopher|
|The Greensand Way - Sections 1 to 3||May 29, 2013 9:43 PM||Christopher|
|The Greensand Way||October 31, 2013 7:56 AM||Christopher|
|Golden Rules||May 5, 2014 7:49 PM||Christopher|
|The Essex Way||October 1, 2013 8:59 PM||Christopher|