Jun 15, 2013 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
This is the second event in the Sussex Border Path weekend away.
Accommodation is booked in a pub hotel just over a mile away from the refreshment stop at the end of the first day’s hike and half a mile outside the historic village of Hawkhurst.
Here is the record of payments made for this accommodation. Only those who have paid the full amount in this list have a bed in the hotel for the night.
There are no places left.
We will have our own dining room for everyone on the walk who wants to dine together, with a three course menu from which you can choose either two or three courses.
After a comfortable night’s sleep and a good breakfast there will be the short walk back again to the meeting point for the start of the next day’s hike.
It is advisable to get a reasonably early night as the total distance to walk on Sunday is more than we’ve ever attempted before. We’ll need to leave the accommodation before 9:00 am to get back to the meeting point on the Sussex Border Path in time.
Recommended Items to Pack
This is my own personal suggestion of what you need to pack in your rucksack in addition to what I would normally bring for a one-day hike:
- One change of clothes – lightweight, subject to likely temperature
- A pair of shoes or you could get away with just indoor slippers, as we are having dinner in the hotel we are staying.
- A light pair of pyjamas or other sleeping garment.
- Minimum toiletries, ideally almost empty or small containers and implements.
- Phone charger, and remember not to leave it behind!
It is absolutely essential to have a waterproof rucksack liner or cover, or else to pack your clothes in plastic bags. Otherwise they will get soaked if it rains.