Hi Joomla Enthusiasts,
Thanks to those of you who came out in that nasty weather last night for our May JoomlaCT Meetup.
Among other things, we discussed planning for future meetings. It was suggested that we take a page from Joomla User Group New England and plan an agenda for the balance of the year with topics of interest to those who want to take our knowledge a step past basic Joomla. So, as a start, we would like to explore and compare various extensions in the following categories:
• E-commerce/shopping carts (ie. Virtumart;Tienda;Magento;RedShop; etc.)
• Mobile compatibility (e.MobileJoomla; TapTheme; Mobile ready templates;CSS media queries; etc.)
• Essential security measures
• Community or Membership (ie. JomSocial; Community Builder; etc. )
• Forms (Breezing Forms; Art forms; grumpy forms;chronoforms; etc)
• Photo Galleries and Slideshows (ie. Phoca; Front-Page Slideshow; VSIG; etc)
• Blogging components (ie. K2; Flexicontent; MyBlog; Wordpress for Joomla; JComments; etc)
• Forums (ie. Kunena; Agora; etc.)
What Do You Use?
We have all had different requirements and reasons to use any particular extension. Many of us have not had opportunities to use certain types of extensions yet. So, we need YOUR help to make a presentation of an extension that you have worked with (or are willing to learn to make a presentation). We want to know the problems and issues as well as the benefits, so don’t be intimidated that you aren’t an expert.
Please pick a component, module, or plugin that you can present. Don’t be limited by the list above…those are just suggestions! Let us know what (if any) category your choice falls in (we will add categories!!). Then we will schedule your presentation over the next few months.
Let’s make this MeetUp work for us! We all joined to get something out of it. But we all have to give a little, too. Please volunteer to make a presentation (it doesn’t have to be long or fancy…just demo the front-end (what it does and looks like) and some of the back-end (how to configure it). How difficult can it be? You already struggled through it on your own!