addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Connecticut Joomla! Users Group Message Board › Agenda and New Venue for September

Agenda and New Venue for September

Ellen R.
ellen.rothwax
Group Organizer
Fairfield, CT
Hi Joomla!CT members,

Welcome back from our summer hiatus. As I mentioned in a previous announcement, we have changed our venue. This month we will be meeting:

Wednesday, Sept 21, 2011
at the Fairfield Public Library
1080 Old Post Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
in Study Room B
from 6:00-8:00pm

It is a small room, but I think it is sufficient for our needs right now. Walk into the library and go towards the Video section and walk to the back.(Or ask for study room B at the Information Desk)They have wireless Internet connectivity. I will be bringing my 15" laptop, but if anyone has a larger one, that would be helpful.

Agenda

• I have been contacted by the developers of EasyBlog, a component for Joomla. They have offered to give us a copy of the component for us to explore. I will install it on our JoomlaCT.org site and we can explore it together.However, if someone is willing to look it over before our meeting, let me know and I will set you up as a Administrator so you can access the back-end.
  • In addition, I will try to arrange with New England's Joomla User Group to piggyback on their meeting via Skype.They are starting on a three month series of looking at content construction kits (CCK) -- extensions that let you create custom fields so you can structure your articles instead of just having one big blog of text. This month they will be presenting on ZOO, YOOtheme's CCK.
  • Of course, come with your questions to issues you have had with Joomla, or share a good experience with an extension or idea and let's help each other!

I would appreciate R.S.V.P if you plan on attending.

See you next week.

Ellen