Ellen R.
ellen.rothwax
Group Organizer
Fairfield, CT
Greetings,

I apologize if you have already received this announcement, as I have sent it directly to those emails I have because you have visited the new website and registered or have attended a meeting in the past.

There has been some changes over the summer regarding the JoomlaCT User Group. We have a newly designed website that will be acting as the focal point of this group. On it is a forum for discussions, a directory to promote your business and website, a blog with tips and tricks regarding Joomla and, for Members Only, an area to watch video tutorials and demos of extensions we explore at our meetings and that I share in the Blog.

This User-group will cease it's association with Meet Up in 6 months, so if you want to stay involved with the group, I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO REGISTER AS A MEMBER ON OUR WEBSITE.

If you haven't registered at the new site, please do so to stay on the mailing list. I also encourage you to subscribe to the blog and forum so you are notified when a post is added. However, to become a Member and gain access the Members Only section, you must fill out the membership form. Membership is FREE.

I really hope you will join us at our next JoomlaCT User Group meeting, which will be help on Wednesday Sept. 19, 2012 from 6:00pm-8:00pm at the Psychotherapy Center 23 Sherman Street, Fairfield, CT. 06824. There is no Joomla signage outside, so please read this for more details.

Our Agenda is as follows:

• Meet & Greet- Introductions and Networking
  • Show & Tell- Anyone working on an interesting site is welcome to to show it.
  • Presentation- The new Joomla core allows you to nest categories and assign articles to them, but what if you need to assign an article to more than one category? There's an extension for that! We will demonstrate the component-- Multicategories.
  • Q & A-Having a problem with a module or component? Bring your questions and someone will try to help you solve it.

Space is limited, so please RVSPĀ  if you plan on coming. If you have access to a projector and can lend it for the meeting, please let me know.

Hope to see you there,
Ellen