addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Just Food City Chicken Meetup NYC Message Board Chicken Problems and Illnesses › Sick Chicken-what to do?

Sick Chicken-what to do?

Osiris
user 11343831
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 3
hello,

one of my easter eggers has been somewhat lethargic, fluffing her feathers, very weak, and moving like a drunken bird. the drunken-like symptoms made me think that she may have a central nervous system condition of some sort. This morning she went down; not moving, laying on her side. I brought her inside and gave sulfa & antibacterial meds, as i did for the past 3 days. i also fed water and feed mixed with yogurt using a large hypodermic needle (without the needle part of course). Any ideas on how to help this bird out there?
osiris
Karen T S.
user 13958189
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 18
If your chicken is that sick, take her to a vet! Asap!
Karen T S.
user 13958189
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 19
Anthony Pilney on the upper east side is an excellent chicken vet!