Just Food City Chicken Meetup NYC Message Board Media Inquiries + Research Projects: Make your hens famous, support the movement › Unique and Fun Opportunity to Share our Love of Chickening

Unique and Fun Opportunity to Share our Love of Chickening

Robert
user 7908477
Astoria, NY
Post #: 18
I've been working with a group from Australia called Love TV who do site specific performances sharing the stories of our neighbors who pursue positive passions. Aphrodite sits in a clam shell inside a life size pink TV at Street Fairs, block parties, etc and her assistants bring people in for interviews. They are working with Department of Transportation on the Summer Street and Pedestrian Plaza projects and have so far interviewed artists, musicians, vegan chefs, bicycle advocates, community activists, you name it. The interviews are for a live audience but they also promote them on their website and Facebook page and some of the spots get further media attention.

Last weekend, I sat in the clamshell to promote the event within an event I'm coordinating in Astoria Park, the Ukulele Social at Astoria Park Shore Fest. They asked me to join them again at Flatiron Plaza last night to busk between interviews and then she called me in for an interview and we started talking about urban chickens. They were very excited to talk about urban chickens but I had to turn down their invitation to bring my hens on a show because the flock of three is "interning" at the Earth Matter Compost Education Center on Governor's Island this summer. However, I told LoveTV how many knowledgeable passionate chickeners are active n all the Boroughs and promised to send this group an open invitation.

I promise you, it's fun. They're wonderful people, the format gets a receptive audience and every time I go I learn so much from the other guests.

These are the remaining spots where they are scheduled to appear

Summer Streets - 11, 18 August
Brighton Beach & Coney Island - 24 August
Staten Island, St. George Ferry Terminal - 22 & 23 August
Astoria Park Shorefest - 12 & 19 August
FAB NYC Fringe - 25 & 26 August
Fordham Road - 16 & 17 August
Jamaica Arts & Music Festival - 3 & 4 August

If you're interested in bringing a couple of tame hens in the booth for 5-6 minutes and explaining the many benefits of chickening and how much joy it brings us, I encourage you to nominate yourself via their website oir let me know and I'll pass on your information.

Thanks,
Robert (aka Bucky Buckaw)