Just Food City Chicken Meetup NYC Message Board General Discussion › Sandy Disaster Assistance for Chickens

Sandy Disaster Assistance for Chickens

Hannah K.
user 13977855
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 11
My home and neighborhood were devastated by Sandy, but my chickens survived! My friends rescued them from chest deep water and brought them into their apartment. I need help with two things now.

1. I have another refugee chicken in a crate next to my chicken coop. I need diatomaceous earth to dust her with before I put her in with my hens because it looks like she had mites. Could someone drop it off in Red Hook? You can leave near 293 Van Brunt st. in the empty lot with the wooden gate.

2. I'm looking for a new apartment. I really hope I can bring my chickens with me! Please contact me if you have any leads on a chicken-friendly one bedroom. Or an apartment near a community garden that would welcome my chicken coop.

Thank you!

hannah.kirshner@gmail.com

Deborah R.
DeborahRomano
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 6
Hannah - I will bring you some later this morning. Let me know what else you need. - Deb