Just Food City Chicken Meetup NYC Message Board General Discussion › king quails, anyone?

king quails, anyone?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all, I'm looking to re-home my 4 button/king quails. Are any of you chicken enthusiasts interested?

I have 3 roosters and 1 hen. The hen is very friendly, and lays tiny delicious eggs each day. The roosters will fight if they are together, so we have just one rooster with the hen and the other 2 are separated. Trouble is, unpaired males will crow in the morning, and I've recently learned that while it is not a loud or jarring sound (I like it!), it is disturbing our neighbors. I have spent several weeks now searching for 2 hens for my restless roosters, so that we can keep them quiet and happy in our apartment, but I've had no luck - no one wants to give up their hens, and we don't want to risk that new chicks would turn out to be male.

Might anyone here be interested in giving them a new home? They don't need much space at all (they currently live in a 2.5x2.5x1.5 ft stacked hutch, which would come with them to wherever they go), lay tasty eggs, and are really charming little birds. Please let me know whether you might be interested, would like more information about our situation or the quails, or have any leads.