A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Everyone,

My house is trying to keep some chickens out back. We've been working on building our coop and are looking for 3-5 chickens, ideally hens that are already laying or will be soon. Does anyone have any chickens you want to sell us, or suggestions of who to ask? We have a house full of loving people who want to take really good care of some chickens!

Thanks,
Sonia
Emily A.
user 9091416
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 1
We got ours from a farmer in our local farmers market in Brooklyn.

Emily
Martha
marthalazar
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 3
I just looked on Petfinder.com and was able to find an animal sanctuary in Saugerties, NY that has loads of chickens. There is also a place in Tonawanda, NY, but I have no idea where that is.

Here's the search results page for chickens near 11231. If that doesn't work, go to petfinder.com and do a search for birds and the breed is chickens.

Hope that helps!

petfinder
Emily A.
user 9091416
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 2
Very sadly we are looking to get rid of ours because my husband is commuting now out of state and I have a newborn. We have a 1.5 year old Ginger nut ranger and two rhode island reds who are not yet a year old. They are extremely friendly and fantastic layers. They each lay one a day. We're so sad to pass on our darling girls. emilyann2000@hotmail.com.