addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Just Food City Chicken Meetup NYC Message Board Chicken Classifieds › Farm Raised Laying Hens for Sale

Farm Raised Laying Hens for Sale

A former member
Post #: 1
Due to a housing disaster, Awesome Farm needs to sell many of our laying hens. These hens have been lovingly raised on pasture at our farm in Tivoli, New York. We started all of them as day old chicks, have fed them local, organic grain and food scraps from local schools and restraunts.
We have Black Sex-Linked hens who were hatched in February of 2008. They are in their second year of laying and lay large, brown eggs. They molted in the winter.
We also have Black Astraulorpes and Buff Orpington hens who were hatched in October of 2008. They began laying brown eggs in April.
We have 1 unknown fancy chicken who is black and white with feathered eggs. We believe she is the layer of the white eggs.
All chickens are $15 each.
Provided there is enough interest, I will deliver the chickens to a specific point in New York City.

These are wonderful chickens. We just can't handle making a new housing plan at this point in the very busy season. We can sell up to 100 chickens.
You can visit our website at www.awesomefarmny.com to learn more about our philosophy and the farm.

I will need to deliver the chickens by mid-June.

Thanks so much,
KayCee Wimbish
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi KayCee,

I'd be interested in this - thanks for posting. I'm looking for 2 hens: I think 1 Astraulorpe and 1 Buff Orpington would work out great. Do you know their rough egg-laying frequencies? I also live in Brooklyn (Prospect-Lefferts Gardens). Please let me know if this works, and if you might be able to bring them home with you to BK next time you come back from Tivoli.

Kind Regards,

Josh