Just Food City Chicken Meetup NYC Message Board Chicken Classifieds › Peeps available in Staten Island!

Peeps available in Staten Island!

Maggie
magsrags
Staten Island, NY
Post #: 3
Greetings from Staten Island!

I have hatched out some chicks for local friends and now have extras available for a small donation towards my costs. I will no longer be hatching eggs so get them while you can.:)
You can write me directly for additional information. Breeds were chosen for their general good nature and as back yard pets. Ornamental eye candy I find the "top hatters" an interesting group to raise.

Straight run chicks. I cannot even guess at their sexes so please don't make me try to.

Pick up only. First come first served. All must be picked up by 6/6/09 Saturday.

PayPal Deposits will hold your birds if you want to lock in now...them but can't get here till then.

All are 16 days old today 4/24/09 unless stated otherwise.

Available Breeds include:

Silkies.... Bearded variety, high vaulted balls of fluff from good quality breeders. Black skin, 5 toes and beautiful. Great egg sitters and mine will hatch out anything you set under them. natural incubators.
Colors include whites....blacks....partridge. Lay small light tan eggs.

Showgirl Silkies. Naked Neck Silkies in Buff & possible splash. Small light tan eggs. Cute as buttons..... they can be an acquired taste.

Bantam sized Sultans. Rarer birds. 5 toes, feathered leg/feet, pure white beauties with high crests and a curious, sweet & docile nature. Small light tan eggs.

Standard size Polish in different variations. Gorgeous colorings and funny/goofy conversation starters. Huge crests in various lengths makes them the Rod Stewart of the bird world. Docile/curious birds. Medium sized creamy colored eggs.

Pure Ameraucana blue egg layers. Not to be confused with EEs...these are pure. Lay big blue eggs. I've only 2.

5 week old Silver Laced Wyandotte's. Possible 2 hens & one rooster. Big brown egg layers.

Please visit my NYC Urban Backyard flock on You Tube at this link:
http://www.youtube.co...­

If you drive:
I am easily located less than 10 minutes from the Verrazano Bridge.

A S.I. Ferry ride brings you to the train and (within 20 min.) directly to my block for a quick pick up.

Pictures & additional information upon request via email.

I am more than happy to share info on the birds with anyone not knowing the breeds.

For biohazard safety...... I do not have other bird keepers walking though my property. I am sure you understand why.:<)

Drop me an email if interested! I am also placing this ad on Craig's list.
Maggie
Tevah
user 9715428
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 1
Hi Maggie!
I am still in the planning stages but would like to have a coop/run up and running in my Tompkinsville backyard within a month or so. I saw your post here and see that you may have some peeps available but may not by the time we've got our coop ready to go... But either way, since this will be my first coop, I thought I would write a note to say hello and ask if you have any local advice (where do you get feed, are there other Staten Islanders raising chickens...) And if you have any peeps or unclaimed chickens come July, I may well be interested! Maybe we can swap contact info? Thanks! -Tevah
A former member
Post #: 21
I saw on nightline that www.mypetchicken.com has supplies, feed, etc. I checked out right away. Lookin' good!
Maggie
magsrags
Staten Island, NY
Post #: 4
Hi Maggie!
I am still in the planning stages but would like to have a coop/run up and running in my Tompkinsville backyard within a month or so. I saw your post here and see that you may have some peeps available but may not by the time we've got our coop ready to go... But either way, since this will be my first coop, I thought I would write a note to say hello and ask if you have any local advice (where do you get feed, are there other Staten Islanders raising chickens...) And if you have any peeps or unclaimed chickens come July, I may well be interested! Maybe we can swap contact info? Thanks! -Tevah

Hi! Yes, there are plenty of others rasiing chickens here. Feedstore is on Arthur Kill Road. You can everything you would need. I have a few chicks left. I've sent you a private message so stay in tough!
Maggie