addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Just Food City Chicken Meetup NYC Message Board Media Inquiries + Research Projects: Make your hens famous, support the movement › Is anyone here chickening in Queens (or know some Queens Chickeners) - Pleas

Is anyone here chickening in Queens (or know some Queens Chickeners) - Please Reply Soon if Yes

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, I just got a call from a reporter on the Queens Tribune. He wants to do an article on my syndicated radio show (many of you have met me and have my Bucky Buckaws Backyard Chicken Broadcast card) and he'd really like to include something about Queens Borough Chickens. The problem is, almost 2 years after moving back to Queens, I still haven't set up my own flock or met any Queens Chickeners (just lots of wonderful Bronx & Brooklynites).

I know the Queens Farm Museum has a charming flock but the reporter is looking for something either public garden or private backyard,

If you or someone you know is keeping chickens in our great borough with chickens please contact me. 347-216-0154. It would be a great opportunity to promote chickens the work of Just Food and this meetup group.

Thanks
Robert (aka Bucky Buckaw)
Owen T.
OwenTaylor
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 10
Robert!

This is great. Just Food will actually be helping a Queens community garden build a chicken coop for a small flock in July. The project that utilizes the community garden is called "Culinary Kids" and is an after school program and a summer day camp to teach kids about growing and preparing healthy food. You can contact Mallsa Rivera (director) to find out more. I'll send you her email address in a moment...

This project is in Far Rockaway.

John Bowne High School also has chickens - theirs are kept inside.

Where are all the other backyards or community gardens in Queens with chickens? I know they must be out there.

Owen
A former member
Post #: 35
Hi, a relative is keeping chickens in Fresh Meadows -- let me contact him and see if he wants to be interviewed.
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks. The reporters deadline already passed but he is very interested in doing a story once all the pieces are there.