addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Just Food City Chicken Meetup NYC Message Board Chicken Laws and Ordinances › Stand Up For Backyard Poultry!

Stand Up For Backyard Poultry!

A former member
Post #: 396
Hey Backyard Poultry Buffs,

Please take 5 minutes out of your day today to send an e-mail supporting a member of the Atlanta Backyard Poultry Group. Please mention in your e-mail the benefits of keeping backyard poultry and why you keep backyard poultry. Please send your e-mail to the addresses below. Together we can make a difference.

Here is the CBS news story about this case...­

Have you sent your e-mail yet???

Chicken Whisperer
Simone M.
user 9418605
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 10
here is my note

I am writing this note in support of the family who has backyard chickens. I
live in Brooklyn NY and have 7 roosters. The chickens have
done very well here and all my neighbors are happy with the eggs they get.

The chickens make less noise then a cat fights,( my cat loves my
chickens) we get great compost and wonderful eggs. And they DO NOT SMELL if
the coop is kept clean. If we can manage here in NYC what's the problem

Hope you all figure it out and come to the correct conclusion. Chickens make
great or suburbs.

Simone Mogul
Pete C.
Lockport, IL
Post #: 1
I am a council member in Lockport IL and was hoping some of you can help me find some statistics on urban chickens.

In particular I would like to know how many cities, villages and towns which have adopted ordinances that allow for the keeping of chickens in urban areas have rescinded those ordinances because the practice has been a nuisance for those cities, villages and towns?

Thanks in advance!
Rebecca L.
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 2
Dear all chicken lovers:

We have two chickens and will be adding 2 more hens. They are younguns (20 weeks) and not quite at laying stage. All of our neighbors love them and have even retrieved them voluntarily when they get out of our back garden. That only happened once. Local pet store owner was very excited to help locate and order chicken feed and was hopeful that this growing craze becomes a real movement. We live in Park Slope Brooklyn. We hope to have some eggs in the coming months. Chickens are beautiful, and great to have as pets. Ours roost in our japanese maple at dusk and we catch them at night and put them back in our coop. Wintering them also seems to be fairly easy, we are learning as we go. My girls bring them in the house for play time...Coops are available online or smart talented people, build them...think we might have to order them. Or maybe our chicken meet up group can help us assemble one...? who knows...

Long live chicken owners in Brooklyn supporting others throughout the US, Small flock owners unite!