addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Just Food City Chicken Meetup NYC Message Board General Discussion › Chickens in the City

Chickens in the City

sandi
user 9248443
Rehoboth, MA
Post #: 4
Hi, perhaps I mentioned, I grew up in Somerville ,Mass., born 1946. As did many Immigrants, my maternal grandparents were from Ancona Italy, most of the Immigrant families, whether direct Immigrants or second generation like me and my sister, we had chickens, goats, rabbits, geese.

It was great , people were respectful of other's property as is this group , we had a huge grapevine, huge gardens, yes, chickens can do exixt in a city setting.

We now reside in a Right to Farm Tow, REhoboth was settled circa 1600, and it was mainly farming,
and cedar swamps.

Sandi Ruscetta
Rehoboth, Mass