addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Just Food City Chicken Meetup NYC Message Board Finding Feed › Organic Chicken Feed in Queens

Organic Chicken Feed in Queens

A former member
Post #: 1
Pet Foods & More, Inc.
248-01 Jamaica Ave
Bellerose, NY 11426
718-347-3439

They carry the Blue Seal brand. Bought a 50 lb bag there today, just thought I'd share!
MEGP
user 4513283
New York, NY
Post #: 12
I'm still trying to get some people on board for an order with a small east coast-based SOYBEAN FREE organic feed company. I've had a few interested parties but 44 50-lb bags would need to be ordered total to get a really great pallet rate ($2.50 per bag, freight. each bag is about $23.00) It's a great feed and my chickens love it. Their eggs have very beautiful, meaty orange yolks.

If anyone is interested please email me: Megan(at)brooklynhomesteader(dot)com

Thanks!
Karen
houseofcakes
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 48
Might be helpful if you posted the brand/specs, etc. so that people can look it up and see if it would work for them? Thanks.

K
MEGP
user 4513283
New York, NY
Post #: 15
Here is the link to the product and ingredient list:

http://www.countrysid...­d
Karen
houseofcakes
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 49
Thanks for the link--how many in a pallet? Then it would be $25.50 ($23.00/bag + $2.50 freight per bag?). Need more deets on cost breakdowns and how many = pallet (50 bags?).

Karen
MEGP
user 4513283
New York, NY
Post #: 16
Sorry for the delay, Karen.

44 bags in a pallet, if I remember correctly. $100 to have the pallet delivered to a NYC location. They also offer $2 off per bag in orders of 40 or more.

Still very much interested in putting together an order before the end of the summer. As forage starts to disappear in the Fall, I want to make sure they are getting a balanced diet since right now they are getting scraps, spent grains, and forage.

A former member
Post #: 3
Is that brand organic? I buy organic feed at the Queens farm. The 50lb. bag costs about
$21. It does contain rosted organic soybeans, however. Are soybeans bad for hens?
A former member
Post #: 4
My first question was about the blue seal brand.
A former member
Post #: 3
Meg,

I'm interested. I'll send you an e-mail.

Regards,
Theresa