Our previous dance event on Valentine Day was a tremendous success. Not only did we spread the Love vibe within the room, we also sent it to The City of Joy in Congo - including a large donation from the proceeds of the evening!
In keeping with the February theme of love, we are presenting, on Friday February 28, a Journeys event with very special guest facilitator Navaro Franco and of Beats Without Borders and Delhi 2 Dublin fame, DJ Tarun (aka T-Spoon).
JOURNEYS is a unique intentional dance event offering you an opportunity to dance to a theme co-created by guest movement/dance facilitator and DJs who fine tune their craft to inspire and move your body and soul! This month will be amazing and the theme is...
Sweet Waiting: a Dance and Poetic Journey Through Love
We will dance and explore the many stages of Love and dive IN to our human experience:
1) Dreaming, Desire, Emotion: Imaginary romantic love.
2) Passion and Sensuality: Union and 'Being in love'.
3) Every-Day Love: Love grows through facing life together, resolving challenges.
4) Deepening in the Heart: Loving, compassionate companionship.
5) Service and Peaceful: Love A peaceful love extends to community, and the web of life.
6) Universal Love: Love in one's self grows, increasing peace in the world.
Navaro Franco has facilitated group dance experiences for over 30 years as a teacher, drummer and dancer. She will share her profound understanding of dance as a transformational tool as well as sharing some of her ecstatic poetry as added practice to move us deeper.
Music specifically tailored to support each stage will be delivered by DJ Tarun who will move us through energies of Love. Tarun believes that "music and dance have the power to unite people" and is dedicated to "building positive music environments which take people on beautiful trips to the faraway corners of their beings".
See you on the dance floor,
The Just Dance team
Cost: $15 at the door
More info at: www.justdance.ca
Info and RSVP at: www.facebook.com/events/[masked]/