• There will be eight family activities highlighting the eight Wilderness Areas in Missouri.
• See a tarantula, backpacking gear, fishing tackle, fire starting tools and more.
• On a 2 mile urban walk learn the Ten Essentials for Hiking and Leave No Trace Guidelines as you walk past a beautiful garden, pond and creek.
• Afterwards enjoy birthday cake and dulcimer music while viewing the photo exhibit 50 Years of Wilderness Through the Lens of Missouri’s 8 Wilderness Areas.
• The Wilderness Day will be held on June 7th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The Wilderness Walk starts at noon and ends at 3 p.m.
• Walks will depart every half hour with leaders from the Sierra Club and Kansas City Outdoor Club.
• Anita B. Gorman Conservation Discovery Center, 4750 Troost Ave., Kansas City, MO
• All events are free and open to the public.
Eileen McManus, Sierra Club,[masked], [masked]