addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Kansas City Search Engine Marketing Association Message Board › Introducing Myself

Introducing Myself

A former member
Post #: 1
Greetings KCSEM!

My name is Scott Alden and I am a new member to the group. I'm excited looking through the member roster and the large amount of experience and expertise I see! So many like-minded people around!

I wish I could say that the reason I found the KCSEM was simply random timing. However, I have recently found myself the victim of a large layoff at my place of employment where I spent the last 3 years as Director of Interactive/Digital marketing. In doing my search for a new, exciting opportunity, I very quickly found the group.

A little bit about me and my experience:

I am married to a wonderful wife named Becky with two children, Sean (9), and Alyssa (7). We live in Lawrence currently, as I have for a large part of my life, so being a Jayhawk fan sorta comes as part of the DNA. (Sorry for anyone across the border in Missouri! smile)

Experience

• Fortune 500 business experience as well as experience in higher education markets.
  • About 13 years experience in all forms of interactive and digital marketing.
  • Both hands-on and managerial experience in all things interactive marketing: SEM, SEO, PPC, social media, paid lead generation, web design, and so on...
  • Experience budgeting, reporting, projections, P&L reports, analytics, and database management.
  • Experience with all aspects of website creation, design, deployment, and support including knowledge in usability, navigation, site architecture, and hosting.
  • International experience assisting with online marketing projects in 48 countries and 16 languages (that was fun SEO let me tell you!).

I look forward to meeting everyone very soon... I plan on being at the Meetup on the 14th. My profiles and URL's are below. As I said, I'm glad I found this group and plan to maintain my membership ongoing. Unfortunately, though, I am currently in the market for a job, and I'm hopeful that some new found friendships might go a long way to assist in that arena.

All the best to everyone!

Scott Alden

Twitter: twitter.com/scalden
LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/scottalden­