The KW Backcountry Travel Meetup Message Board › Beginner Backpack Trip to Tobermory

Beginner Backpack Trip to Tobermory

Siobhan
Capt_Chevy
Kitchener, ON
Post #: 141
Hi All
This is for those of you that have just been moved up to the going position, from the waitlist, PLEASE pay your deposit of 26.00 dollars ASAP!

You can do this by paypal, email transfer or by person to happy_hiker@live.com
Karl and Behnoush + guest, if you guys could get this to me as soon as you can that would be great!

Don't forget to re-check the message board for trip updates, car pooling, and gear sharing info!

Any questions feel free to call or email me

226-747-5118

Thanks

-Chev
Karl
user 14308376
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
Hey

I can drive if anybody wants to join. I've got a small Yaris, so with all the gear, I'm guessing I can fit one more person.

Cheers!

Karl
Matthew T.
user 42117482
Kitchener, ON
Post #: 4
Quick questions:

What's the surface of the tent pad :s Just realized if we're on established pads my non-freestanding tent might not work so well. Are they wood, gravel, cement? If it's dirt I'm good to go

How frequently will we have access to water? I'm planning on bringing by filter if we'll have frequent enough access to water I can filter.

Thanks!
Logan
user 5675236
Waterloo, ON
Hi all,

I would love to hitch a ride. I'm in Waterloo. See you all soon!
Siobhan
Capt_Chevy
Kitchener, ON
Post #: 142
Hi Everyone

So now we are all booked, I have 3 people paying me in person and everyone else has paid their deposit.

So now the questions begin:

1. Please indicate if you are driving and if you have passengers already lined up.

2. Passengers please contact drivers directly as ask for a ride, if you can't find one, please email me and I will find you one! Please post who you are driving with.

3. Weird but important question: I need the dimensions of your tents! The back-country platforms are 12ftx12ft which means we are limited in space. I noticed some people have mentioned that they have larger tents to share, so please buddy-up as this will help save space. Once you have a tent buddy please post on here or email, so I can update my spreadsheet.

Side note: Matthew the platforms are wood construction, so a free standing tent will not work. -Sorry, Hopefully you can buddy up with someone!

4. Carpools - we need drivers with large vehicles, 2 passenger cars will not work for this trip because we are limited on parking spots, I'm planning on calling on Tuesday to see about extra spots - but they charge extra, and I don't know how many they'll give us. Right now we have parking for 4 vehicles - 2 have been paid for and I will pay for the other 2 when we get to Cyprus lake.

SO PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS AS SOON AS YOU CAN! :)

Thanks everyone!

A former member
Chev, it would be great if my husband and I can have your tent, of course if no one else has asked for it.

We can also drive, but it seems that there are enough cars, so we can share the gas and come with anyone who can give a ride to 2 people.

Thanks
Doug
user 12640171
Baden, ON
Post #: 4

2. Passengers please contact drivers directly as ask for a ride, if you can't find one, please email me and I will find you one! Please post who you are driving with.

All my car seats are now spoken for:

- Myself
- Inna
- Logan
- Matthew

A former member
Post #: 2
I have borrowed Adriana's 3 person tent for this trip - It weighs about 8 lbs, but can be carried in 3 parts (so about 2.5 lbs each) and is astoundingly spacious - so big in fact that she has had 4 people in it. Who is interested in sharing?

Brenda, my husband and I would like to share this tent with you. Please let me know if it is still available. Thanks
Matthew T.
user 42117482
Kitchener, ON
Post #: 5
Where are we at with the tent count platform space wise? If we have plenty of room I'll bring mine, if not are there any tents that have a spot left?
Siobhan
Capt_Chevy
Kitchener, ON
Post #: 143
Ok Guys

Last week stretch for getting information together for this trip! I have now received everyone's payment for the trip - Karl will pay on the day of the trip!

Tent sizes I need to know so please everyone message me your tent sizes.
If you have already set up tent sharing with someone please let me know, so I can track this. We can also figure tent and gear sharing on Friday night at Cyprus.

For those without rides please let me know who you are?

I am driving Brenda and have room for 1-2 more people with gear.

Doug now has a full car load.

I see that Rosemary and Dianna have offered to drive - if you need a ride please contact them directly.

Also remember that we are limited in parking space so the less # of cars we take is preferable!

Also I have stated that we will meet up at a timmies location on Friday, now I'll get off work at 3pm Friday and I know some people will have to work till 5pm, so if you could state what time works best for you to leave we'll set up a proper meeting time that meets everyone schedule.

Thanks