Originally the main focus of this group was purely social. And for a while lots of people came out and then the turnout nosedived.
Since then the focus has shifted, more towards training...we still have the occasional social gathering. The training is free. We are happy to have more people learn bitcoins and hopefully build a community of knowledgable bitcoin users who might become your future business partners
Lior completed bitcoin training and has received his first bitcoins as a wage. Dave Faulkmore awarded Lior with a Satori coin after completing his training. Satori coin is a paper wallet shaped like a poker chip. Each Satori coin has an ID. Can get the public bitcoin address from the satoricoin.jp web site. With the bitcoin address can send bitcoins to that address. Then the bitcoins can be delivered physically. This helps overcome the abstract nature of bitcoins.
2016 Jan Handrian is from Indonesia. He runs a Bitcoin Core full node on a MSWindows laptop and uses breadwallet. He trades on bitflyer.jp We met in Honmachi sbux to socialize and also 2 learn about bitcoins. If Handrian installs any wallet on a laptop running linux, will give him a free satoshi coin (poker chip with a paper wallet preloaded with 0.001btc)
* Setting up a laptop running linux. Many people need computer training before bitcoin training. We help with both
* Setting up a wallet (smartphone, windows, biggest focus on linux)
* Understanding trading (difference between on / off exchange trading, rsi, MacD, fullnodes ecosystem, japan exchanges, market cap of all crypto coins, etc...)
* Understanding the importance of ur local bitcoin community
* Understanding the features of bitcoins (trade fee, the 6 confirmations, 24hr daily volume, privacy, taxation, tor, paper wallets, wallets flavors)
* Practical training: when to use bitcoin
Experience welcome but not necessary English / Japanese spoken
This group is run as a non-profit social meetup group. All events will always be free of charge. Should you have ideas for an event please contact the organizer before inviting our members. We might be able to help you.