add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Katy HackerSpace. Learn, Educate, Explore, Develop. Message Board › Been out of pocket.. sorry about that..

Been out of pocket.. sorry about that..

Katy H.
user 59419282
Group Organizer
Katy, TX
Hi all,

My apologies for the long time between action. I've been incredibly busy with work and family.
We have made progress on things.
I was offered a light industrial space at the end of Mason rd. I chose to pass as I just have too much on my plate right now to responsibly evaluate the space and get it up and running. My goal is to have a space by the end of March.
J-Mag as been awesome and busy. She solved our forums problems by creating a forum dedicated to the Katy HackerSpace. I can't thank her enough as both the Google and Meetup forums are terrible.
So, please go to and register. Hopefully it  will become a more efficient way to have discussions. And if you get a second, please thank J-Mag for her awesome efforts!
I've not had a chance to get down to TX/RX Labs and chat with their leadership regarding how they formed their group. I think it is a prudent thing to do.
I have met a number of people who have offered to teach some classes. My schedule just hasn't allowed me the time to coordinate things (any volunteers?)
I am still very excited about the future of our group and I hope you are too. I can't stress enough that we need you to take part!
You can look to see some more information on upcoming meetups in our next email.
Thank you for your patience and continued support!