Every Wednesday after the FREE kayak class at Discovery Green we will play KAYAK POLO.
You can NOT bring your own boat. You will use one of the Bayou Shuttle boats.
If you haven't played kayak polo before, it is so much fun and a great way to put all of your paddling skills to the test.
Make sure you sign in at the table and let them know you are with the meetup group.
If you want to volunteer and help people learn how to paddle, there is another meetup scheduled for 6:30 pm on the same days.
ALL METER PARKING IS FREE AFTER 6pm.
As a reminder:
KAYAK POLO RULES:
1. No paddling once you touch the ball, either pass it or shoot it within 5 seconds.
2. You can only hold the ball for 5 seconds before the ref calls time and the ball gets turned over to the other team (this includes just putting it in the water next to your boat)
3. don't get out of your boat. if you fall out of your boat drop the ball and get back in your boat.
4. don't hit someone with the paddle
5. NO HANDS ON BOATS!!! You are not allowed to grab anyone's boat or person with your hands. KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF!!! Do all of your dirty work with your boat!
6. HAVE FUN and CHEER ON YOUR FRIENDS!!!
Discovery Green Rule:
7. stay away from the wall with the blue lights.
NEW GAME PLAY!!!!
For those that have been coming a while, we have been playing king of the hill style. This will change. Now we will play tournament bracket style.
The way this works:
Two teams get in the water and play. When the game is over both teams get out and two more teams get in the water to play, and so on.
Winning Teams will compete against each other to determine the ULTIMATE WINNING TEAM!!!
This will allow more people to play quicker and also allow a winning team a chance to rest (hopefully).