Bring your dog and journey with us down the road of training and socialization! Our members enjoy positive reinforcement dog training methods combined with various opportunities to practice new skills and socialize within a community of like-minded dog owners.
This group has a few dog trainers that will post their training events. All trainers are force-free and positive reinforcement trainers only. Trainers are responsible for setting their own rates and schedules for classes.
We discourage forceful or punitive methods of training. All members are expected to treat their dogs with compassion and dignity and kindness. Members who will not abide by this will be banned from the group and its activities.
We host FREE weekly walks in various locations where you work on your dog's loose leash walking, socialization, or even dog reactivity challenges.
Some walks are called DINOS. This means: Dogs In Need Of Space. Some dogs need space because they are shy, scared of or intimidated by dogs and/or people who are too close to them. Some walks are just fun outings where the dogs socialize and mingle. Any dog can go to a DINOS walk though. Most of the dogs are now friends on these walks and make other dogs free comfortable. Reading the descriptions of events is important!
We are here to have fun and make every experience with our dogs a mutually enjoyable one for both handler and dog!
We ask as a member that you understand:
1. We help each other out and are supportive and kind. We have no patience for drama or pettiness.
2. Breed discrimination is not tolerated. We love all dogs, big and small!
3. Classes are aplenty. We have classes and walks in lots of locations. If you don't see the class you want, just send an email to KaysCGC@gmail.com and we will direct you to an option that could work for you! If you would like to host a walking group, please let me know and we can set you up!
4. Private lessons. Contact the trainer directly for private training. You can email KaysCGC@gmail.com for a private session request. Please include your name, location, and availability when you email for faster service!
5. We have two AKC evaluators in our group who can test your dog for the titles of: STAR Puppy, Canine Good Citizen (CGC), Community Canine (CGCA), and Urban Canine (CGCU). We also evaluate for Therapy Dog for Gold Country Love On A Leash pet-assisted therapy group! Please contact Kay at KaysCGC@gmail.com if you would like to make an appointment for your dog to be tested or evaluated for one of these.
5. No retractable leashes. No shock collars. No exceptions. If your dog is currently in a prong collar, we can help you with equipment options per our force-free group requirements.
6. You are responsible for your dog and its safety. Our group activities are all ON-leash unless otherwise specified, such as play groups.
Be good. Play hard. Train nice. See you soon!
949 Comedy Lovers
2,288 Pit Bull Lovers
121 Animal/Pets Lovers
678 Wealth Builders