Jeff H.
user 135984972
San Francisco, CA
Hi Kid-Tech Startup members. It is very nice to e-meet you. I'm Jeff from PLAE and have the privilege to be your next organizer. I'm new to this group and excited about fun stuff we can do. Also, I prepaid to be your organizer for 6 months so I'm gonna get my money's worth!
While I'm not new to start-ups (I'm on my third...this is the one right!), this is my first kid adventure and to make it interesting, it's a kids shoes business. I thought I'm a cool and hip dad of two awesome kids so this should be right up my alley. I head up e-commerce at PLAE or I prefer to say I'm the new "digital Al Bundy" when I tell my friends what I got myself into these days. So far, it's been fun. Some things worked - many things didn't. Still much to learn and many experiments ahead of me. The goal (hopefully with the help of this group) is to change my earlier sentence around to many things worked, a few didn't.
So this brings me to my first selfish act as your organizer. I'd really like to know how we effectively market to parents? What works better for moms vs. dads? How about the kids themselves? Have any of you figured it out cause I'D REALLY LIKE TO KNOW!!!
Let's do a Meetup in April. How about Earth Day on April 22nd? I'll put it on the calendar and if you're interested in sharing your marketing secrets, let me know. I guess I should also mention there will be FREE FOOD so you'll actually show up.
Other ideas for the upcoming Meetup or group? Shoot them my way and we'll make it happen somehow.
Looking forward to meeting all of you soon.
-Jeff