Soldering - The next frontier - This is where you make your projects permanent. We will learn the basic techniques of soldering components on a PCB (Printed Circuit Board). Before we start working on complex projects, this 1st class will introduce the soldering iron and the tools necessary.
Each class will be limited to 10 students (parent/child pair). I have 10 brand new soldering stations available as well as the tools and components necessary to complete our first project. When registering for the class, do not add any guest. I will assign each registration to a soldering station (max 10).
The cost of the class is $12 (includes 1 board + components).
Any additional boards/components sets are $2 each.
PLEASE READ - Some important information before you register for this class:
- Soldering irons are very hot and will burn you if not handled properly. Each station MUST have an adult working with the child. The adult will be responsible for the safety of the child.
- The solder used for this class is lead based. If you are concerned about this and would rather use a silver based solder, please let me know in advance. It is considerably more expensive and I will need to charge an additional $15 for it or you can bring your own.
- The HackerLab is requiring a signed General Release and Liability Waiver before beginning the class.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes early as we need to start the classes on time.
- The class will be in the Electronics Lab in the back of the HackerLab.
As always, please email me if you have any questions. We have some fun projects coming up and some will be on display for the kids to play with.